Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

The Georgia Mountain Eggfest 2013 is.....

egret
egret Posts: 4,170
as they say, "in the books". I continue to be humbled by the eggers and fans that come here to Hiawassee, GA to participate in this fest. Many of the long distance cooks that were here last year made the trek again this time.....and, that just blows my mind! The final numbers are in and we had 1400-1500 fans and enthusiasts come through the gates and the dealer sold 95 eggs, and could have sold 12-15 more had they not completely depleted their stock. We lucked out on the weather. It started out with rain and by the time the tasters arrived the skies parted and fair weather was in abundance. 
Here are some pics : 

Comments

• Charlie tuna
    Charlie tuna Posts: 2,191
    This fest "ALWAYS" seems to one of the best in the country and for years you seem to be one of the key organizers.  Congrats to you for another job "well done".  I wish i lived closer because i would attend this one for sure!
  • jetmech
    jetmech Posts: 75
    We had a great time even though we got there a little later than we planned. Getting ready to setup my second addition, an XL that was one of the 95 sold
  • Porkrind
    Porkrind Posts: 14
    My family and I had a great time. It was lots of fun trying all the food everyone was working so hard to prepare and meeting folks from the forum.

Thanks to Egret organizing and all the cooks for the great food!
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Sounds like a grand success. Thanks for the pics.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • r270ba
    r270ba Posts: 763
    @egret I really hope to make it next year!  I have young kids and have to prioritize but one of these days I will be a regular.
    Anderson, SC
    XL BGE, Father's Day Gift 2012 (Thanks Fam!!!)
    Webber Kettle and Webber Summit Gasser
    Want List: Thermapen, Small BGE, Wok, Adjustable Rig, Food Saver, More $

• Crispix49
    Crispix49 Posts: 191
    We had a great time; weather held up great. Our kids had a great time too. Took home a mini, and it looks like you got me in that first picture with my back to the camera and a white hat on. I want to cook next year!
    Atlanta suburbs
    Large & Mini owner
    UGA Alum - Go Dawgs!
  • Lowflyer
    Lowflyer Posts: 785
    I live only about 2hrs away in (Woodstock) and have missed this fest the last 2yrs since I got my Eggs. I have a 21 month old baby but hope to be there very soon. Hopefully next year.
  • Hic
    Hic Posts: 350

@egret - Thanks John it was a great time and very well organized.

Thanks again for putting together our mini, too.

Large, medium, small and a mini. Egg'n, golfing, beer drinking, camping and following football and baseball.
    Atlanta NOTP suburbia.

• For those of you who live anywhere remotely close to Hiawassee, this is an event you should not miss.  Even if you don't cook, your family will enjoy going and you will be inspired by what you see some amazing cooks doing on the Egg.  Plus, if you are thinking about buying an Egg--you won't get a better price-- plus there are even demo classes on Egging 101, breadmaking, etc.  You can't go wrong by attending this event in 2014--so be there!  I persuaded my brother in law to finally order an Egg, I went and was able to cook on his egg, and then load it up and delivered it after the fest.