Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

NAAN TURNED OUT PERFECT.

Options
travisstrick
travisstrick Posts: 5,002
edited May 2013 in EggHead Forum
Same recipe. Much hotter and much faster. I give them an 8 out of 10. The pic is a top and bottom. No flipping and only about 1 min per batch. 

Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.

Comments

• Scottborasjr
    Scottborasjr Posts: 3,494
    Options
    @travisstrick same triple plate setter setup or did you do something different?
    I raise my kids, cook and golf.  When work gets in the way I'm pissed, I'm pissed off 48 weeks a year.
    Inbetween Iowa and Colorado, not close to anything remotely entertaining outside of football season. 
  • travisstrick
    Options
    Different. xl ps legs up, adj rig on top with a 18in stone on top of adj rig. 
  • travisstrick
    Options
    Like this. 

• Scottborasjr
    Scottborasjr Posts: 3,494
    Options
    Thanks for the pic, gives me a good idea what I could try to get a similar setup in my Large.
    I raise my kids, cook and golf.  When work gets in the way I'm pissed, I'm pissed off 48 weeks a year.
    Inbetween Iowa and Colorado, not close to anything remotely entertaining outside of football season. 
  • cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    Options
    thats a cool set up travis.  Naan looks great!
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • Chubbs
    Chubbs Posts: 6,929
    Options
    Impressive. I make mine in skillet. Need to pony up like you.
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • travisstrick
    Options
    @chubbs the top two pieces are the same batch. They were cooked at the same time. One is a pic of bottom and one is pic of top. No flipping was used. I had my egg so hot that the first two pieces were ruined. 
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    Nice! Thanks for sharing. No worries about the sacrificial naans... I lose some every now and then. I usually feed the tandoor something during each cook to keep it fed and happy. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    Very cool. Any seasoning like garlic, etc?
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• RocEGG
    RocEGG Posts: 89
    Options
    Oohh, those look great. I mus tnot have had it hot enough last time I tried. They turned out kinda crappy. Have to bump the heat. I do similar setup, but with the CGW Woo with a stone below, and a stone on the grill grid. Similar idea, but mine isn't as high in the dome, which might also be part of the problem.
    Rochester, NY  - XL BGE
  • SaturdayFatterday
    Options
    Brilliant!  Definitely going to try this out.

[Northern] Virginia is for [meat] lovers.
  • ddegger
    ddegger Posts: 244
    Options
    That looks fantastic - well done!
  • Jamieoro
    Jamieoro Posts: 180
    Options
    Looks amazing! Where can I find that recipe?

• JaredMD
    JaredMD Posts: 59
    Options
    @travisstrick have you had any issues with the AR sitting directly on the PS legs?  When I was playing with the AR to see what the possibilities were I had the AR sitting on top of the XL grate on top of the PS legs.. but when I removed the XL grate the other day and set the AR right on the PS legs it was wobbly and wanted to slide off and fall down outside the edge of the legs.
    XL BGE - Baltimore, MD