Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Bacon wrapped Jalapenos.

I used white block cheddar and shredded Mexican blend cheese, set up for direct grilling at 450 for 45 mins.  They were amazing.
·

Comments

• GaryLangeGaryLange Posts: 279
    Those look awesome good!
    ·
  • twelvebeertwelvebeer Posts: 25
    Those look great! I found the ABT recipe a week ago and I have had jalepenos every day since!
    ·
  • henapplehenapple Posts: 14,416
    You had me at bacon... Nice cook.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
    ·
  • chris123stockchris123stock Posts: 664
    Awsome cook those look very good, man I need to eat.
    ·
  • cookinfuncookinfun Posts: 129
    Oh..Oh..Oh  those look good, are they low calorie??
    (2) LBGEs,  WSM, Vidalia Grill (gasser), Tailgater Grill (gasser)
    ·
  • I think more are going on the grill this weekend.
    ·
  • awmawm Posts: 177

Did you just turn them half way through the cook?

·
  • No, because the cheese would melt out of the jalapenos.
    ·
  • ChubbsChubbs Posts: 5,223
    cookinfun said:
    What is a calorie?
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
    ·
  • Those look great! I found the ABT recipe a week ago and I have had jalepenos every day since!
    Where did you find the recipe and somebody please tell me what ABT stands for?

"If you have the means, I highly recommend it." - Ferris Bueller
    ·
  • Sorry, I obviously don't know how to do the quote thing correctly.
    "If you have the means, I highly recommend it." - Ferris Bueller
    ·
  • I made ABTs aka Bacon wrapped jalapenos Memorial Day for a get together and got good reviews. I varied from the BGE cookbook by using my own breakfast sausage instead of Little smokey Joes wilh good results. For a little more variety I also mixed green and red peppers
    ·
  • EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 11,290
    edited May 2013
    Those look great! I found the ABT recipe a week ago and I have had jalepenos every day since!
    Where did you find the recipe and somebody please tell me what ABT stands for?

@LakeSeminoleEgger, ABT = Atomic Buffalo Turds. They are bacon wrapped jalapenos with some sort of a cheese filling. Typically cream cheese with another, like cheddar or jack. You can add sausage to this and also some of your favorite rub. 
    ·
  • ejs190ejs190 Posts: 6
    I make "grasshoppers" regularly. Jalepanos, cream cheese, green onions, all wrapped in bacon with BBQ sauce slightly caramelized on top!
    image.jpg 975.6K
    www.EricShirk.com
    ·
  • JRWhiteeJRWhitee Posts: 2,618
    I love the Turds.

Large BGE 2006, Mini Max 2014 
    Founding Member of the Green Man Group cooking team.
    Johns Creek, Georgia

·
  • I must be missing something. If I put anything on my BGE at 450 for 45 min (direct heating) it would be burnt. Please advise. I'm running a XL.
    ·
  • Chubbs said:
    cookinfun said:
    What is a calorie?
    It's the scientific measure of how good food tastes
    Killen, AL (The Shoals)
    XL, Small, Minimax, and Mini BGEs
    ·
  • These look phenomenal.  I saw a video post on Youtube and the set up was 250 for 2 hrs as to not burn the bacon.  Indirect with a aluminum catch pan below.  I plan to make me some ABT's this weekend.  Fun to see all the different approaches.  

Large, Medium, and Mini BGE, a few accessories, 2 kids, 1 dog, and original wife.  Lover of winter and powdery snow. 
    ·
  • Question...do you clean out the seeds and stuff from the pepper, or simply wrap the pepper, seeds and all?
    Large BGE 2013; Mini Max 2015
    Naperville, IL
    ·
  • @CharleyR totally depends on how much heat you want.  If you are a mild pepper fan you better clean them out.  If you eat jalapenos like candy, just stuff them and wrap them.
    I raise my kids, cook and golf.  When work gets in the way I'm pissed, I'm pissed off 48 weeks a year.
    Inbetween Iowa and Colorado, not close to anything remotely entertaining outside of football season. 
    ·