Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Here are some of our new favorite non-beef burgers: Italian Turkey Burger, Grilled Tuna Burger and Goat Cheese Portobello Burger. You’ll want to perfect these before football season starts up in a few weeks! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

How do I cook turbo ribs?

2»

Comments

• SmokeyPittSmokeyPitt Posts: 4,725

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg wing. 
    2014 Wing King's Apprentice
  • This is what I do and haven't had spares or baby backs come out dry or anyone who didn't enjoy them yet.

http://eggheadforum.com/discussion/1144307/my-turbo-ribs-tonight#latest

LBGE at 350 dome, indirect, legs up, drip pan with 50/50 mix of apple juice and water.  Placed 4 chunks of peach wood on each side of the egg.  Since I had 3 racks of ribs I had to use my extended grid.  2 racks of ribs went on the bottom and 1 on the top, making certain they did not hang past the drip pan.  Ribs went on bone side down for 1 hour.  Then I flipped them bone side up for 1 hour.  After the hour the top rack was passing the bend test but the bottom racks went for about 20 mins. more before they had a drawback and passed the bend test.  Sauced with 50/50 mix of Blues Hog and Sonny's Sweet sauce.  Let them rest for about 15 mins and enjoyed.

Usually I spray the ribs with just apple juice every 30 mins. But I could not find my spray bottle so I didn't with this cook. I didn't see any difference.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Welcome to the Swamp.....GO GATORS!!!!