Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Yet another brisket cook...

cazzy
cazzy Posts: 9,136
edited May 2013 in EggHead Forum
Wanted to make another brisket, so I picked up a tiny 9lb brisket.  So cute when they're this small!   :P

I seasoned this lil guy with 50/50 Kosher Salt and 16 mesh black pepper...and used oak for smoke. 

At 9 hours...looks so tiny on the large! lol

This brisket has sealed the deal, i'm no longer going to cook 225 grid...going to go 260 on all my briskets from here on out.  The flat was trailing the finished point by about 10 degrees and was tough.  So, I decided to separate the point and I wrapped the flat and threw it back on till it was fork tender.  The only thing I can think is that the temp was too low...the point took 17 hours and the flat took 18 hours.  So darn odd, around the same temp i've done all but one of my briskets and I usually buy 13-15lb packers.  The brisket was very floppy and had a nice thick flat which is also no different than how I select all my packers.

Before I pulled the flat and threw it back on!

None the less, the flavor was spot on and was a pretty good lil brisket!  :)

Served w/ beans and esquites.

Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....

Comments