Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Soooo Easy to light Egg

Options
Mickey
Mickey Posts: 19,674
Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

Comments

• Chubbs
    Chubbs Posts: 6,929
    Options
    Cheater :-q.
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • CharlieTN
    CharlieTN Posts: 177
    Options

Looks good to me. 

Bought some of the paraffin/sawdust lighters when I got my egg but even using 2 it takes about 15 minutes to get up to temp.  Using my Mapp torch I can be up to 450 in about 10 minutes.  :-)

Granted the sparks keep it interesting but it works.  :-)

• RocEGG
    RocEGG Posts: 89
    Options
    I did something similar with a torch and had all the fun of sparking and popping. Burned hundreds of little spark holes in my table top.  I now use a $7 harbor freight heat gun that gets her going quickly with minimal fuss and sparking.
    Rochester, NY  - XL BGE
  • SaturdayFatterday
    Options
    I use the paraffin/sawdust guys, too.  Gives me time to sit on the deck and sip my beverage - not that I don't have time to do that when the meat's on, but more beverage time is always a good thing.

[Northern] Virginia is for [meat] lovers.