Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re halfway through National Barbecue Month and loving every minute of it. We hope you’ve had some time to try out some new recipes and enjoy a few old favorites as well. If you’d a couple tips on smoking meat, check out our Smoking Basics Publication. For delicious recipes, try Justin Moore’s BBQ Shrimp, Greg Bate’s BBQ Dr. Pepper Chicken, Bobby Flay’s Chicken Thighs or Dr. BBQ’s new Maple Brined Pork Chops. Need dessert? Finish off your meal with some Planked Twinkies. Have a great rest of May & get ready for some fun summer happenings!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

One man's trash....

henapplehenapple Posts: 14,215
My precook for the throw down was disappointing at best. After Baby Girl's graduation i needed some therapy....egging. Took the left overs and did some quesadillas. 

Chicken cooked in the skillet in a chipotle lime sauce.
Fried the corn and black beans
I tried something new. Heated up both pieces and used the skillet as a press.
I was pleasently surprised...they were pretty good.
They didn't last long.

I always try to include what I learned.

Heat...get that ci hot. 550-600
A little oil on the bottom tortilla and take the top one, oil it and put it in the skillet. Cook it till about half done. The skillet, while hot is not the same temp as the plate. The last one was damn near perfect. I used my pizza peel for transporting...worked well.

Im really enjoying the new cast iron. It opens up yet another dimension of the egg.
Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
·

Comments

• JebpotJebpot Posts: 343
    that looks !!!!!!! Making me want to eat again.

XL and Small

Chattanooga, TN

·
  • smokinsoonersmokinsooner Posts: 161
    Nicely done sir. Ever tried using Lodge CI press instead?
    BOOMER!
    ·
  • calikingcaliking Posts: 6,775
    Yep, CI definitely rocks. That's a good looking 'dilla.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
    ·
  • henapplehenapple Posts: 14,215
    I've never seen one. I went back and forth on the cast iron and pizza stone on the place setter.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
    ·
  • SkiddymarkerSkiddymarker Posts: 6,820
    edited May 2013
    Kinda like inventing fire, eh? Great idea! Shows some very imaginative uses of the CI. Thanks for sharing. 
    Delta B.C. - Vee-Gan: old Indian word for poor hunter. 
    ·
  • yzziyzzi Posts: 1,793
    edited May 2013
    I do that with my cuban sandwiches except I used two skillets that fit into one another. Slap some garlic butter on the outside and gets you a real nicely pressed cuban. I'll just use the pizza stone next time, thanks!
    Dunedin, FL
    ·
  • SmokeyPittSmokeyPitt Posts: 6,346

I was hoping we were gonna see the finished whiskey barrel cabinet by the title, but the dillas look great!

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

·