Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

First Butt today!

I smoked my first Boston Butt today. After I got the temp sorted out, it went great finishing in 7 1/2 hours. It was around 5 1/2 lbs. My wife has already planned my next one. Love that Egg.
·

Comments

• grege345grege345 Posts: 3,444
    Temp? Rub? Pic?
    LBGE& SBGE———————————————•———————– Pennsylvania / poconos

·
  • cmbjcmbj Posts: 9
    I trimmed the fat last night and rubbed with French's honey Dijon mustard and a homemade basic rub I got from the net . I tried to keep the temp around 250. In a hurry and forgot to take pics. Next time I will.
    ·
  • hapsterhapster Posts: 7,052
    No pics???

Consider this your mulligan...
    ·
  • Mattman3969Mattman3969 Posts: 4,855
    hapster said:
    No pics???

Consider this your mulligan...

I was just getting ready to type those exact words :))

-----------------------------------------

Large BGE. Small BGE Henderson, Ky.
    ·