Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Wow! This BGE is da BOMB on butts

Terrebandit
Terrebandit Posts: 1,750
My first one on the BGE. Very pleased. I've cooked plenty of them on a pit and a gasser but, hands down this was the best. Here are thei details: started this 10 pounder at 700 am with an internal meat temp of 44 degrees. Rubbed it with a light coating of worstshire sauce and then TX BBQ grand champion rub. Tied it up and put it in the egg with plate setter. Temp range during the cook was 235 to 310 degrees. I'd say the average was about 260 for the lengh of the cook. I took it to an internal temp of 200 degrees and it about 13 hours to get there. I never opened the lid during the entire time. This butt had nice bark and the meat was super moist. On other cooks using a smoker pit or a gasser I've always wrapped them in HD foil at about 160. Not this time! I will never foil wrap one again. You just don't need to do that on the BGE!!!
Dave - Austin, TX

Comments