Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Grate Holder group buy!!

Options
EggHeadinFlorida
EggHeadinFlorida Posts: 892
edited May 2013 in EggHead Forum

Here is a Stainless Steel Grate Holder that is made here in the USA! I recently purchased one of them and after seeing the quality and craftsmanship, I wanted to pass on this information to all of you with permission from its maker, William. The one I currently have is the 1/4" stainless steel version. These holders are made from 304 Stainless Steel. It works great for my 2 tier rack setup from Ceramic Grill Works. Those of you that have that setup know how heavy the bottom rack is, especially the 24" grate for the BGE! I estimate the 24" grate from CGS weighs about 11lbs. I cooked a 8lb Butt on it the other night and use my Grate Holder with out any issues. It lifted out of the egg easily!

There are 3 different version of the Grate Holder:

One is made from 3/16" stainless steel. $20.00

One is made from 1/4" stainless steel.   $25.00

One is made from 1/4" stainless steel, but it is shaped differently (looks like a duck head) as you will see in the picture and has a "heel" at one end for the bigger and heavier lifts. $30.00

All these prices INCLUDE S/H to you! I will NOT handle any $$ from this. You will be in contact with the maker of the grate lifter.

Here is a video showing you how well this grate lifter works http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xR0uDH5nt3Q&feature=youtu.be

In one of the pictures below you will see he 1/4" thick tool next to the 3/16" thick tool. It is only 1/16" thicker, but it is much stronger and can lift larger grates that may or may not have food on them

Here are some pictures:

Email the maker for questions or orders... willtott@yahoo.com

XL bge, Mini max & 36 BS Griddle.

Comments

• B&BKnox
    B&BKnox Posts: 283
    Options
    Why not give thirdeye the business, his third hand holder has been around for a while, 1/4 inch diameter, 304 stainless.  Made in the USA.  ThirdeyeQ.com.  And his site has lots of useful information.
    Be Well

Knoxville TN
  • EggHeadinFlorida
    Options
    Really dude?? If you don't like what this thread is about, then start your own thread about your own experiences.
    XL bge, Mini max & 36 BS Griddle.