Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Oak Chunk Serendipity

Options
An old oak in a shopping center less than a mile from my home in Santa Clarita, CA gave up the ghost two weeks ago. The day it happened I joked on line with another local serious barbecuer Mike that we need to "make lemonade ot of lemons" and turn this into oak chunks that are so hard to come by in our area. Little did I know we would actually be doing it two weeks later. I got permission from the shopping center management to remove the logs that had been cut a week after the old oaks demise. Yesterday me and three folks I previously knew mostly on line spent late morning to mid afternoon processing oak chunks. What a day it was! We took a break to enjoy some fine beer and the overnite pulled pork I posted about earlier. I used to repair chainsaws some 30 years ago but this is the first time any of us had wielded a chainsaw and axe in a long time. I'm really feeling it today. Got some unprocessed logs and plenty of chunks. I'd be happy to share as many logs, and some chunks (a lot of sweat equity went into the chunks), with anyone close enough to warrant the drive. Thank you Mike, Todd, and Larry (potential Eggers). jimfarley.bbq@gmail.com
LBGE - July 2012
Valencia, CA

Comments