Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone enjoyed their Fourth of July weekend and is excited for more warm weather grilling! This week, we’ll be making these two burgers: Stuffed Portobello Mushroom and Caribbean Chicken, and also eating lots of these Ice Cream Sandwiches in honor of National Ice Cream Month! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Oak Chunk Serendipity

An old oak in a shopping center less than a mile from my home in Santa Clarita, CA gave up the ghost two weeks ago. The day it happened I joked on line with another local serious barbecuer Mike that we need to "make lemonade ot of lemons" and turn this into oak chunks that are so hard to come by in our area. Little did I know we would actually be doing it two weeks later. I got permission from the shopping center management to remove the logs that had been cut a week after the old oaks demise. Yesterday me and three folks I previously knew mostly on line spent late morning to mid afternoon processing oak chunks. What a day it was! We took a break to enjoy some fine beer and the overnite pulled pork I posted about earlier. I used to repair chainsaws some 30 years ago but this is the first time any of us had wielded a chainsaw and axe in a long time. I'm really feeling it today. Got some unprocessed logs and plenty of chunks. I'd be happy to share as many logs, and some chunks (a lot of sweat equity went into the chunks), with anyone close enough to warrant the drive. Thank you Mike, Todd, and Larry (potential Eggers). jimfarley.bbq@gmail.com
LBGE - July 2012
Valencia, CA

Comments