Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Table nest

Options
GK59
GK59 Posts: 501

Just finished my new table yesterday. 95% complete. The egg sits in the nest fine until the lid is opened and then the whole egg tips back and into the table top.

Seems as if the nest could use some uprights as they are on the regual nest. Any ideas?

Thanks,Bill

Smitty's Kid's BBQ

Bay City,MI

Comments

• Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    Options
    Something is not right. What size? Any pics?
    My MBGE sits in a table nest with nothing around it. It is very stable. 
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • EggHeadinFlorida
    Options
    Try positioning the nest to where the feet are in the front and back and left and right side of the egg
    XL bge, Mini max & 36 BS Griddle.
  • CANMAN1976
    CANMAN1976 Posts: 1,593
    Options
    How high does that nest raise your egg of the table/paver etc? 2" maybe???

Thanks.

Hows ya gettin' on, me ol ****

Kippens.Newfoundland and Labrador. (Canada).
  • EggHeadinFlorida
    Options
    The table nest is about 2" high from bottom if feet to where the egg sits on it.
    XL bge, Mini max & 36 BS Griddle.
  • SamMiller0
    SamMiller0 Posts: 38
    Options
    The table nest raises my large BGE about 2 inches, I haven't noticed any added instability with the dome open.
    Rochester, MN  --- Large BGE
  • GK59
    GK59 Posts: 501
    Options

Egg is a large. Legs are @ 2,4,8,10. I do have a 1/16" fall to my patio for drainage,so I did move it elsewhere. I put another chunk of block in rear .It's not  quite snug to the bottom but enough so it doesn't tip back as far, yet still has some  to wobble it.

Smitty's Kid's BBQ

Bay City,MI

• RocEGG
    RocEGG Posts: 89
    Options
    I have my XL in the nest, and had the feeling of it rocking back when opening the dome when it was just sitting on the stone. The base never actually lifted from the stone. Now that its in the table nest, it doesn't feel as likely to rock back, and incredibly feels more solid. I have it arranged with one of the legs at 12, directly under the hinge. I also attached the nest to the table with bolts thru the two legs with holes.  It sounds like rotating the nest a bit to find the sweet spot will help.

Just had another thought, your table is level right? If the table is even slightly out of level towards the hinge, it could cause the egg to tip a bit when opening. I have my table up on blocks as the XL was crushing the solid rubber wheels I have on it. As a result I had to shim it to get it as level as possible.
    Rochester, NY  - XL BGE