Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pimped my Nests....

Thanks to Caliking for the inspiration...I stole every bit of his creation...and now have a couple of all-terrain egg wagons! I still need longer screws to install the pull chain on the XL...but had to get these things built to finish up some food last night!
BOOMER!

Comments

• DeaconKav
    DeaconKav Posts: 84
    Nice. Will make it a lot easier to transport. Been planning and thinking on the other project.
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,669
    Can you make one for my
    Mini? Like those.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    Awesome!!!!!!!!!
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    Mickey said:

Can you make one for my
    Mini? Like those.

Just thinking about how it would look makes me =))

Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • DeaconKav
    DeaconKav Posts: 84
    The mini, picturing it with the big wheels... Is killing me.
  • smokinsooner
    smokinsooner Posts: 161
    Mickey said:
    Can you make one for my Mini? Like those.
    No problem... When we come to salado next year.. I'll bring the wheels and iron... we'll put her together in no time... and maybe mount a little 2 hp engine with RC capabilities.
    BOOMER!
  • smokinsooner
    DeaconKav said:
    Nice. Will make it a lot easier to transport. Been planning and thinking on the other project.
    After the wedding this weekend we need to get together and do some practice runs.
    BOOMER!
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,727
    Sweet! They look bad@ss lined up like that. How does the XL roll on those wheels?

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • Chubbs
    Chubbs Posts: 6,929
    edited May 2013
    In college, I didn't have an entertainment center for tv and stereo. So I was hammered one night and stole a shopping cart. That was fun getting up to the fifth floor when the elevators were down. Sitting here right now thinking of pimping a shopping cart out for the egg. Already got a basket down low for lump or accessories. Mobile. Haha
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • smokinsooner
    caliking said:
    Sweet! They look bad@ss lined up like that. How does the XL roll on those wheels?
    Funny you should ask... I was going to hit you about that XL... the wheels don't 'track' well on the grass. It's fine on pavement. I have to take a closer look... to see if I can find the problem. Maybe you already solved it?
    BOOMER!
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,727
    Sorry - no XL so no real world experience with it. 

Maybe you need bigger wheels for it? Somewhere there are pics floating around of a team from the mothership transporting XL's  at comps, which were the original inspiration for this mod. They had some big, wide beefy looking wheels on their rigs. Maybe you could try the next size up? Harbor Freight is the place to go for the pneumatic wheels.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • smokinsooner
    Chubbs said:
    So I was hammered one night and stole a shopping cart.
    Soooo many stories started with these very words...
    BOOMER!
  • smokinsooner
    caliking said:
    Sorry - no XL so no real world experience with it. 

Maybe you need bigger wheels for it? Somewhere there are pics floating around of a team from the mothership transporting XL's  at comps, which were the original inspiration for this mod. They had some big, wide beefy looking wheels on their rigs. Maybe you could try the next size up? Harbor Freight is the place to go for the pneumatic wheels.

i was actually thinking about a revision.. and building out an axel assembly for the XL. Still working out the details on the drafting board...but I think it's doable. Getting one of those auto mechanic types to design.... it's only gonna cost me a brisket!

BOOMER!