Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re so close to Thanksgiving that we can taste it and we’re ready to help you prepare the most delicious Thanksgiving feast you’ve ever cooked! Check out our Turkey Cheat Sheet for turkey tips, our Thanksgiving page for turkey recipes, and our Holiday Entertaining Publication for all other Thanksgiving needs to help you make this the best Thanksgiving yet! PS. Don’t forget about breakfast Thanksgiving morning either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Smoke is Rollin'!

CigarSmokinEggerCigarSmokinEgger Posts: 213
edited May 2013 in EggHead Forum
Just threw on a rack of baby back ribs, drizzled with yellow mustard then coated with my own rub.  Hickory chips, Indirect at 250 for now.  Enjoying a Rocky Patel Sungrown as I listen to Cigar Dave :)
003.JPG 1.1M

• EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 11,870
    A man with a plan!
  • ToolmasterToolmaster Posts: 41
    Sounds good !! Enjoying a Arturo Fuente Churchill myself.
    I went to bed last night mean and woke up meaner !  
    "Matt Dillon"

• SmokeyPittSmokeyPitt Posts: 7,570
    Lookin good.  That is one meaty rack o ribs!

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• henapplehenapple Posts: 14,965
    I'm having a Patel and... PBR. Yard work done.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • About the meaty ribs, I'd got this from the same butcher twice now and the first time I did 'em they were a little dry so I went back to my old method but had the same results.  The meat next to the bone was great but there seems to be a medallion, almost like a small chop attached to the ribs and this part was dry.  I think I need to try a different cut or adjust the method somehow to keep this part moist.
    001.JPG 1.5M
    002.JPG 1.2M
    003.JPG 1.1M