Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s that time of year again-time to hop on out to your backyard for an EGG hunt. If you’re lucky, you’ll only have to search as far as your patio! Planning on cooking Easter Sunday? Check out our Easter Menu. If you’re looking for a sweet treat to enjoy with the whole family, try at least one of our sweet treats, if not both: Grilled Peeps & Carrot Cupcakes. Lastly, if you’re having company, our Pinterest page has lots of ideas for entertaining. We hope you have an EGGstra tasty holiday!

The Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new location and check out the museum! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Weekend of Butts

It has been awhile since I did an overnighter,so I thought I would remind myself why "nitro" is better. We will see. Just put a 9.75lb on. Egg is stabilized at 265 with a full load of Ozark Oak ( thank Henapple) with cherry and applewood scattered throughout. Rubbed with BB a coat or Sciracha Sauce and then a homemade rub image And on da egg image Maverick is set with wide temp zones so maybe I will get some sleep. Time will tell if I do this again or not!!

-----------------------------------------

Large BGE. Small BGE Henderson, Ky.
image.jpg 379.4K
image.jpg 257.1K
·

Comments

• CANMAN1976CANMAN1976 Posts: 1,521
    I expect a good butt in the morning bud!!!

Good luck! and sweet dreams!!!
    Hows ya gettin' on, me ol cock? 

Kippens.Newfoundland and Labrador. (Canada).
    ·
  • MrCookingNurseMrCookingNurse Posts: 3,902
    You thinking about 12 hours?

Keep us posted bud!! I love a good overnight!

LBGE & SBGE (big momma and pat)
    ·
  • Mattman3969Mattman3969 Posts: 4,181
    Grid is holding steady at 230 and butt is at 101. Looking for a restfull night

·

Grid is holding steady at 230 and butt is at 101. Looking for a restfull night

Sleep tight?

How's that butt looking?

·
    Butt is at 195 right now but still not like "Buttah" so we let it roll. Slept all night and egg held steady at about 260. Pic ltr in the day. BTW the next butt will be nitro!!

·
    Here she is!! IT was 205 before the bone would slide out. image Now she is all FTC'd and tucked away for lunch sammies
    image.jpg 253.3K

·
    Nice job man. Looks amazing. Glad you got to sleep!

·
    edited May 2013
    I will have to say that Iike the nitro- no-foil, high heat cook better and so did the wife. I really like the bark better. Last night butt had a good bark until I FTC'd it and seemed to be less moist. IDK

·