Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Lookie what centex got!

2»

Comments

• caliking said:
    Sweeeeeeeet blade! About the dog - so many ways to go about solving that problem.... Package them back up and deliver to the owner's door; put up a sign that your lawn had been treated with chemicals toxic to pets... Treat the lawn anyways and don't put up the sign... I could go on and on.

This is where I could have used a sarcasm font. i do NOT have a ninja neighbor and since I do not, his non-existent ninja dog does not crap in my yard. the only things getting shived by my Shun will be long-since dead.
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • @The Cen-Tex Smoker: a good whetstone'll serve you fine for now.  Thing'll stay plenty sharp for a good while, in any event.

Again, great purchase!  Use it on good meat in good health.

[Northern] Virginia is for [meat] lovers.
  • Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817

Are you qualified on that?

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Are you qualified on that?

<br/ My first thought is "no"
  • Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817

You could lose a fingernail with that puppy

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• You could lose a fingernail with that puppy

At best.........
  • travisstrick
    travisstrick Posts: 5,002
    I'm going to slip a Mickey in your drink and steal it.
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
  • I'm going to slip a Mickey in your drink and steal it.

I really wish I didn't know Mickey right now......hell, just take it.
  • congrats on the hattori hanzo knife!image

XL BGE with adj rig & woo2

• Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    I'm going to slip a Mickey in your drink and steal it.
    Somehow the vision of a guy wearing a kilt clutching a standard poodle being inverted and crammed into a high ball glass is just too much.... even for Mr Strick
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • travisstrick
    travisstrick Posts: 5,002
    MICKEY: Shortened form for a "mickey finn." Used to describe surepticiously slipping someone drugs, poison, laxative, etc. - usually in one's drink. Commonly believed to be named after notorious Chicago pickpocket, thief and bartender - Mickey Finn.
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
  • J_Que
    J_Que Posts: 223
    edited May 2013
    I have visions of CTS pulling a Crocodile Dundee at his next party.
    I know all the rules, but the rules do not know me.

Small, Medium, 2 Large, XL ,Stumps XL Stretch, Workhorse 1975
  • gdenby
    gdenby Posts: 6,239
    That has an immediate appeal because of its flashy looks, but I think after you use if foe awhile, your old knives will be put away. After using knives w. the more acute edge the J-knives have, I can't consider that any of my old knives are ever sharp. The closest to sharp is my trusty Sabatier/Hoffritz. That will hold an 18 degree per side bevel. You will also most likely be delighted w. the VG-10 core. I've got a pattern welded petty that gets lots of use. I touch up the edge w. a ceramic hone every now and then. Real sharpening, maybe once every 10 months. The damascus cladding is stainless, so no corrosion worries from sloppy handling. Enjoy!
  • cortguitarman
    cortguitarman Posts: 2,061
    Great score. I looked at one of these at the kitchen store the other day. They are awesome. The full price is not so awesome. I might have to sell a guitar to buy a knife. Nah listen to me talking stupid talk again.
    Mark Annville, PA
  • J_Que said:
    I have visions of CTS pulling a Crocodile Dundee at his next party.

"......now THAT'S a knife!"
  • Great score. I looked at one of these at the kitchen store the other day. They are awesome. The full price is not so awesome. I might have to sell a guitar to buy a knife. Nah listen to me talking stupid talk again.

I am in negotiations and very close to trading a guitar for a brand new medium in the box, w/ receipt. Guy won it in a raffle and would rather have a guitar. nice guitar but I have another that I play more. Would be a good deal for both,