Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Angel Baby

Options
henapple
henapple Posts: 16,025
Tomorrow my baby girl graduates,tomorrow. Not much cooking. A few turtle eggs and chicken salad from a spatchcock I did yesterday for a low key get together.

My son, the video mastermade made one featuring pics from birth till now set to music. I'm proud of her. Captain of the middle school and high school dance team, award winning competitor at dance studio. With mixed emotions I am happy for her and part of me is hurting. She'll leave for college soon, where she made the dance team and our lives will change.

This probably isn't the place to share this but if you have kids hug them tight. Things go by so fast. Enjoy each stage of your time with them.

Instill in them three things. I love you, I'm proud of you and I'll always be here for you.
Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 

Comments

• cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    edited May 2013
    Options
    That's pretty awesome, congratulations Henapple! Sounds like yall are some happy parents and have raised a great girl!

My oldest is 14 now and I was a only 20 when we had her...I had to wing a lot of stuff with her, but somehow we didn't break her and she's a good happy kid. It won't be long till I'm in your shoes sending her off to college. I don't think 4-5 more years is going to prepare me. Lol

Great advice about what one should aim to instill in there kids. That alone would lead to a very loved and confident kid.
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    Options
    Congrats to your "Angel Baby", hope her life is happy. It is the circle of life @henapple and it goes by so fast. Ours are all grown up and we still think about them, even when we don't have to, I didn't want to say worry, but that's what Moms and Dads do. Last night we had three of our four grandkids over for a sleepover, aged 2, 4 and 6. Now we have another generation to think about and most of all share the good times with. 
    We have always told our kids the same thing, We love you, we are proud of you and we will always be there. 
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • canegger
    canegger Posts: 540
    Options
    Comngratulations. I have a 5 month old and treasure every minute
  • JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    edited May 2013
    Options
    henapple said:
    Tomorrow my baby girl graduates,tomorrow. Not much cooking. A few turtle eggs and chicken salad from a spatchcock I did yesterday for a low key get together. My son, the video mastermade made one featuring pics from birth till now set to music. I'm proud of her. Captain of the middle school and high school dance team, award winning competitor at dance studio. With mixed emotions I am happy for her and part of me is hurting. She'll leave for college soon, where she made the dance team and our lives will change. This probably isn't the place to share this but if you have kids hug them tight. Things go by so fast. Enjoy each stage of your time with them. Instill in them three things. I love you, I'm proud of you and I'll always be here for you.
    I am right with you Buddy, mine graduates Thursday and will be off to be a South Carolina Gamecock in a couple months. Little brother put together the same collage to music. I feel your emotions.  :-<

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,336
    Options
    @henapple-congrats on this momentous occasion.  And as alluded to above, you are always the parent regardless of time, distance and shielding. And the concerns are always there!  But that's how life works-so enjoy!
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • chris123stock
    chris123stock Posts: 664
    Options
    Shoot this is the best place to say something about your daughter, see I figure if you can say how much you love her and how proud you are of her here with this motley crew? Shoot then she knows it is true. Congrats to her, I wish her all the best. 
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    This is the place. With friends.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options

Congrats to your daughter. I have 2 as well...and I must admit you got me a little choked up :).  I  am hugging them now and they are wondering what is wrong with me.  My oldest will be going into 8th grade, and I know 5 years will fly by in the blink of an eye.  I'm still coming to grips with the fact I have a teenage daughter...and that she is taller than me.

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    Congratulations buddy.

I'm not looking forward to this day in 17 years.

Thanks for reminding me not to blink!
  • Mattman3969
    Mattman3969 Posts: 10,457
    Options
    Congrats to you and your "Angel Baby" That is awesome!!! I have a 22yr old and the first time she saw dad all teary eyed was when she graduated. It is a tough thing but a good thing at the same time. She will make you even more proud in the coming years.

-----------------------------------------

analyze adapt overcome

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.
  • CANMAN1976
    CANMAN1976 Posts: 1,593
    Options
    Mine are only six and nine and sometimes we forget what treasures we have because of the pace of life...thanks for reminding me how precious our time is.I'll be a better Dad tomorow because of you!!
    Hows ya gettin' on, me ol ****

Kippens.Newfoundland and Labrador. (Canada).
  • MrCookingNurse
    MrCookingNurse Posts: 4,665
    Options

Congratulations buddy.

I'm not looking forward to this day in 17 years.

Thanks for reminding me not to blink!

Got a 1 year old little girl and expecting number two this December.

Congrats man and thanks for sharing. I'm trying hard to hold on to them all I can!

XLBGE 
  • BigGreenBamaGriller
    Options
    Funny, I was just giving our 14 month old little girl a bath (mom is 6 mos pregnant and not so good with the bending over). She was splashing around and having fun. I was wishing that she would stay this age forever.

Enough of this mushyness. Bears, Beets, Battlestar Galactica!
    Killen, AL (The Shoals)
    XL, Small, Minimax, and Mini BGEs
  • KennyLee
    KennyLee Posts: 806
    Options

Congrats to you both henapple.....something tells me she's been raised well and will be great at whatever she does.

LBGE

Cedar table w/granite top

Ceramic Grillworks two-tier swing rack

Perpetual cooler of ice-cold beer

• shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,647
    Options
    Congrats Henapple. My oldest boy graduated today.

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• GrannyX4
    GrannyX4 Posts: 1,491
    Options
    Congrats on raising a fine young lady. Time races by!! My baby will be 40 this coming weekend and MDSH and I will have the 2 grands. The joys of life have multiplied. ;;)
    Every day is a bonus day and every meal is a banquet in Winter Springs, Fl !