Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Wet Lump

Had a bag and half of lump sitting out for ribs today, well plans change, actually wife just informed me of what I REALLY had planned, funny how that works.

So no ribs, and then a monsoon hit through the night.

Can lump just hang out until its dry? The bag is soaked. My wood chips are wet, but some people soak those anyway.

Thanks
Ryan

XLBGE 
·

Comments

• EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 11,404
    I think so. At least let it sit open for a bit. It may start slow but the moisture will be driven off quickly.
    ·
  • Hi54puttyHi54putty Posts: 1,605
    I have cooked with wet lump. Used my weed burner to get it extra hot to start with and then it just took a little longer than normal.
    XL,L,S 
    Winston-Salem, NC 
    ·
  • cazzycazzy Posts: 8,241
    Yeah, just like putty said, hit it hard with your MAPP torch and you'll be fine.
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
    ·
  • It will be fine. Can be sparky when getting going but settles down when it's all evaporated.

·
  • MrCookingNurseMrCookingNurse Posts: 4,301
    Thanks guys.

After time will it dry? I don't need to use it. I have a couple of bags and can just sit this one aside until later.

XLBGE 
    ·
  • The Cen-Tex SmokerThe Cen-Tex Smoker Posts: 12,712
    edited May 2013
    It will dry. I've done this many times. If you can get it out of the bag for a few days that will help. It will burn even wet, just takes a bit longer to light........And duck and cover when the spark show starts.

·
  • EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 11,404

It will dry. I've done this many times. If you can get it out of the bag for a few days that will help. It will burn even wet, just takes a bit longer to light........And duck and cover when the spark show starts.

Or laugh maniacally.
    ·
  • stlcharcoalstlcharcoal Posts: 1,347
    If it's sunny, just cut the bag down the middle and spread it open on your driveway.  Let the sun bake it for a day or two and you'll be good to go again.

Connect:  Website  -  Facebook  -  Twitter

·
  • henapplehenapple Posts: 14,565
    It's garbage now... I'll pick it up.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
    ·
  • SkiddymarkerSkiddymarker Posts: 7,140
    henapple said:
    It's garbage now... I'll pick it up.
    PBR opportunist.....
    Delta B.C. - Vee-Gan: old Indian word for poor hunter. 
    ·
  • fishlessmanfishlessman Posts: 17,289
    ive had some so damp that roots were growing thru it dried it out and cooked. it was in a wet dirt basement
    ·