Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

-OT- Dryer Sheets for Mosquito Repellent- IT really works!- OT

2»

Comments

• cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    Wow, I'm definitely trying this tonight! Do they care what brand it is? Kirkland okay? :P
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • cazzy said:
    Wow, I'm definitely trying this tonight! Do they care what brand it is? Kirkland okay? :P

don't thinkthey are too picky. I used some schmansy one (Mrs.Meyers lemon verbina or something like that).They no likey
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • R2Egg2Q
    R2Egg2Q Posts: 2,136
    edited May 2013
    Good to know the dryer sheets worked on mosquitos as well as bees. We had a department picnic a few years ago right under a bees nest. Someone put a sheet at every table and the bees left us and our food alone.
    XL, Large, Small, Mini Eggs, Shirley Fabrication 24x36 Patio, Humphrey's Weekender, Karubecue C-60, MAK 1-Star General, Hasty Bake Gourmet, Santa Maria Grill, Webers: 14" WSM, 22.5" OTG, 22.5" Kettle Premium, WGA Charcoal, Summit S-620 NG

Bay Area, CA
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Mrs. Myers? TFJ has you living the high life doing her laundry and all.

Way to go @Girl_on_grill, you made a man out of CT.
  • boatbum
    boatbum Posts: 1,273

Tried something new this weekend.   Product by Off, has a little fan in it.   Refills last 12 hours.   Was fantastic keeping the bugs away.  Not sure if we are having mosquito's or black flys - but whatever they were they were biting.

Started up one of those packets going and worked great.

Cookin in Texas