Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Rib Question!!!!!!!! Wood chunk Question!!!!!!!

tomarrow im doing my second set of ribs the first came out so good 3 slabs didnt last 10 min... i did them in the rack at 250-300 for 3hrs...my question today is first i want to use wood to smoke and should i soak them or not and how many pieces to use for a 3-4 hr cook and should i use them all at one time and second...what is the best method should i stay direct or go indirect....with the smoke if i go indirect will it keep some of the smoke flavor out ..and thirdly..should i use the rack or go flat i have a xl so space isnt the problem.....i just want to switch it up a little and want my fellow eggers opinions on things!!!!
"Ask not what your Egg can do for you, but what you can do for your egg" 1LBG 1XLBG , Grilling, JimBeam, and Life....What else is there??!!!!!

Comments

• Z_Eggineer
    Z_Eggineer Posts: 576
    Exclamation point question?
  • i dont know@ Z Eggineer i just needed a answer kind of quick.......
    "Ask not what your Egg can do for you, but what you can do for your egg" 1LBG 1XLBG , Grilling, JimBeam, and Life....What else is there??!!!!!
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    I usually end with an "exclamation" with ribs.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • I know thats right @henapple....oh wait..!!!!!!!!!
  • bbqlearner
    bbqlearner Posts: 760
    Indirect definitely. No need to soak wood chunks. Use as many as you like. I used 7-15 chunks depending on my mood and size. I put it all at once so I dont need to open it at all during cook.

Houston, TX - Buddy LBGE, Don SBGE, Tiny Mini & Shiny Momma Pitts n Spitts

• Kosko
    Kosko Posts: 535
    Indirect definitely. No need to soak wood chunks. Use as many as you like. I used 7-15 chunks depending on my mood and size. I put it all at once so I dont need to open it at all during cook.

7-15? Is there any room for lump? #-o
    Peachtree City, Ga Large BGE