Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Are you happy it’s finally National BBQ Month? While we like to BBQ year round, May is our favorite because the whole country is celebrating delicious food. If you’re new to cooking BBQ on your EGG, check out our Smoking Basics Publication...if not, proceed to some of our favorite recipes! We love Dr. BBQ’s Coffee Rubbed Brisket, Famous Dave’s Sticky Ribs and Virginia Willis’ Pulled Pork. Pair with this cheesy favorite for a winning way to start off May!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

What's in the fridge? Salmon, asparagus, and bacon.

We just had a new baby a few days ago and haven't had a chance to get to the grocery store. The ladies at church have been good about bringing meals, but there is only so much lasagna you can eat in a week ... plus, I get grouchy if I go too long without egging.

I looked in the fridge, and saw that we had a few salmon steaks, plus some asparagus and bacon. 

The more mathematically inclined amongst you may notice that there is one more salmon steak in the "before" photo than in the "after" photo. Chalk that up to baby-related sleep deprivation.

imageimage
Large Big Green Egg w/ AR & Spider
Smokin' butts and taking names.
·

Comments

• AviatorAviator Posts: 1,519
    No err... burbun??? That's a fine meal there but...

Large and Small BGE, and a baby black Kub.

And all the toys to make me look like a Gizmo Chef.

>:)

Chattanooga, TN.

·
  • Charlie tunaCharlie tuna Posts: 2,191
    Don't let them "church ladies" see that meal, they will be moving in !  That looks first class. 
    ·
  • RACRAC Posts: 1,315
    Nice looking meal and congrats on the new baby.

Ricky

Spring, TX

·
  • EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 11,066
    New baby, first post.

Win, win!
    ·
  • Congrats on the baby.  How is that salmon fixed up?  Details please.

Damascus, VA.  Friendliest town on the Appalachian Trail.

LBGE Aug 2012, SBGE Feb 2014

·
  • caneggercanegger Posts: 536
    Congrats. Good looking meal and welcome
    ·
  • MisterMMisterM Posts: 17
    Thanks for the warm welcome, and for the congrats on the baby.

Salmon was nothing fancy - marinated in a combination of olive oil, soy sauce, brown sugar, minced garlic and lemon juice, and then rubbed with DP Raging River. 
    Large Big Green Egg w/ AR & Spider
    Smokin' butts and taking names.
    ·
  • chris123stockchris123stock Posts: 664
    That cook looks amazing,  very nice. Congrats on the new baby. Cool now you can burp the kid, after burping the egg.  (:|
    ·