Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Back to the Basics

Options
TRex
TRex Posts: 2,714
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
9-2-chops31.jpg
<p />Tonight we kept it simple - center cut pork chops rubbed with a random conconction of spices, seared, rested, and roasted to 135 internal, with the magic of Guava wood . . . [p]9-2-chops11.jpg[p]9-2-chops21.jpg[p]My wife sauted some very fresh snow peas to perfection.[p]Simply delicious.[p]Cheers to all,[p]TRex

Comments

• Lawn Ranger
    Options
    TRex,
    Since I'm the only one that appears to still be awake (Major breaking news)....That is beautiful! Can't wait until you to work your magic in Fredericksburg. I really appreciate it.[p]Mike

• Mark Backer
    Options
    Lawn Ranger,[p]I'm still awake. I was just gonna read your lump review...[p]And nice pics Jason, especially considering that I ate grilled cheese sammiches for dinner. [p]
  • billyg
    billyg Posts: 315
    Options
    T-Rex
    Although some of your recilpies I don't agree with, I certainly enjoy reading all of them and this one looks great. Wanna try it. It seems like you haven't posted anything for a while, glad you are back
  • mollyshark
    mollyshark Posts: 1,519
    Options
    TRex,[p]Now tell me...why are your pork chops lovely inside at 135 and mine are pink like new babies' toes? You doing these high temp/low temp, or just rubbing two sticks together and hope for the best?[p]mSHark
  • GrillMeister
    Options
    mollyshark,[p]He's TRex. Whadaya expect? Heee.[p]Actually he seared, rested, roasted. I guess that accounted to the evenenss of the look of doneness... I just guessing here.[p]Cheers,[p]Ed

Cheers,

GrillMeister
    Austin, Texas
  • TRex
    Options
    mollyshark,[p]By the time these were sliced, they were probably up between 140 and 145 because I let them sit for a couple of minutes before slicing and man that internal temp does continue to climb. That's why I try to take them off at 135. [p]I think 140 is probably my ideal eating temp, and that usually does have the slightest amount of pink in the center - these were actually just a tad bit overcooked for me, but still very juicy. [p]Cheers,[p]TRex
  • TRex
    Options
    Lawn Ranger,[p]Looking forward to Fredericksburg. It's on the calendar - I just have to cross my fingers and pray that work doesn't get in the way. :-|[p]Looking forward to cooking with you again in the future![p]Jason