Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Apology, Confession, Egg and Food (with pics)

Options

I want to apologize and confess at the same time that I've been hiding my new "MINIIIII" egg from everyone. I thought I can keep it a secret but I can't anymore. The guilt is tearing me apart. The mini is just amazing......

So, I'm sharing pics of cooks I did on all of the eggs (they all participated equally) since it's for a large group (40-50 people) at church Sunday afternoon. Been busy starting on Friday with putting together transport for the small and cooked the ribs all night (10 slabs ribs). Fell asleep during cooking so I literally left the ribs turbo 350F for 5 hours but overall, it came out OK - only 1 slab that ended up dry like pork jerky - not pictured here :)

Foiled it after finished with a little bit of butter & apple juice and then, stored in the fridge. On Sunday afternoon, I just grilled them raised direct while basting on the small/mini. Did some chicken as well on the mini. Overall, everything came out great (even the pork jerky ended up being finished by people).

Houston, TX - Buddy LBGE, Don SBGE, Tiny Mini & Shiny Momma Pitts n Spitts

Comments

• SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options
    Looks great!  Did you cook 10 slabs at once or do them in shifts?

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• bbqlearner
    bbqlearner Posts: 760
    Options

@SmokeyPitt I did it in 2 batches. First batch was 4 ribs and 6 whole chickens on the large. Second batch is 6 ribs. The ribs pictures are from the first batch where I fell asleep so chicken was overcooked as well (glad I brined it or it would have been dry #:-S).

Sorry I didn't take pics of the whole spatchcock chicken so I guess it didn't happen :D

Houston, TX - Buddy LBGE, Don SBGE, Tiny Mini & Shiny Momma Pitts n Spitts

• MrCookingNurse
    MrCookingNurse Posts: 4,665
    Options
    super duper cook my man!!

Why do I want a mini??? It's just so cute. I plan on sitting it in the XL when I buy it and no one will every know 
    >-)

XLBGE