Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

My latest brisket venture (pics)

2»

Comments

• Scottborasjr
    Scottborasjr Posts: 3,494
    That looks great, nice work as always MCN. I wish I had a Costco within 60 miles of me. Wal-Mart/Sam's Have packers, but I don't think they are USDA choice.
    I raise my kids, cook and golf.  When work gets in the way I'm pissed, I'm pissed off 48 weeks a year.
    Inbetween Iowa and Colorado, not close to anything remotely entertaining outside of football season. 
  • travisstrick
    travisstrick Posts: 5,002
    That pic with the mustard looks the best. Must have been done by an expert.
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
  • Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Didn't anyone notice that the gasketless large became a brand new XL during the cook?

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Scottborasjr
    Scottborasjr Posts: 3,494
    I didn't notice when I was looking at it on my phone at work, much more noticeable now that I'm looking at my laptop.  Well played MCN you got me good.
    I raise my kids, cook and golf.  When work gets in the way I'm pissed, I'm pissed off 48 weeks a year.
    Inbetween Iowa and Colorado, not close to anything remotely entertaining outside of football season. 
  • bbqlearner
    bbqlearner Posts: 760
    I noticed the black platesetter that became clean mid-cook.

Houston, TX - Buddy LBGE, Don SBGE, Tiny Mini & Shiny Momma Pitts n Spitts

• Mattman3969
    Mattman3969 Posts: 10,457

my first thought was "how did he find a brisket so cheap in Alabama"? :))

or Mississippi, or wherever the hell you are....
    Lol. Mississippi.

Btw. I'm grilling shrimp abts on my KK and have to measure the temp on each one as to not over cook. Calls for multiple thermocouples.

Please don't wrap them in bacon!!!
    cazzy said:

Btw- brisket looks awesome. If you get a chance send me your directions. I think I will be on the maiden brisket voyage this weekend

I think his directions are jack random pictures from the interwebs, then post them!  He did select a really good money shot pic!   :)

That will teach me not to read every word before I post. LOL

-----------------------------------------

analyze adapt overcome

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.
  • MrCookingNurse
    MrCookingNurse Posts: 4,665
    Oh goodness! I'm not sorry for the confusion, nor sorry for the lies, even better I'm not apologizing if its your pictures I stole. That stuff got out of hand last time I said "sorry".

Now back to the serious threads.

XLBGE 
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,168

@LS-that was my first clue-see below from an above post...

@MCN-figured something was up when that brisket jumped from  what appears to be a LBGE (with snow in the background) to an XLBGE all on it's own.  The rest is history :)  

Just lucky that it was not on a weekend so I was able to focus!
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Justacookin
    Justacookin Posts: 291
    lous  good catch on the snow picture I missed that one.
    XL & waiting for my Mini Max Bloomington MN.
  • shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,629
    You so full of sheet that your eyes are brown. =))

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .