Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

My Birthday Dinner

bigphilbigphil Posts: 1,386
edited May 2013 in Off Topic
On everyones birthday in my house we all get to pick what we want for dinner or where we wanna go .So friday is my birthday and i told Mrs.Phil that i'd like a prime rib roast ,grilled asparagus and zucchini along with baked potato she said thats sounds good and then She turns and laughs and says as long as you cook it on the egg cause she hasn't a clue how to make it lol. Pics to follow saturday after the cook 
Large Big Green Egg , XL Big Green Egg . BBQ Guru, Weber Kettle, Weber Q grill for road trips.
·

Comments

• MickeyMickey Posts: 16,472
    Happy Birthday Phil :-c
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

·
  • Village IdiotVillage Idiot Posts: 6,951
    Just think.  If you don't post pictures, then it didn't happen.  So that means that you didn't have a birthday and you're still young?

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

·
  • SamMiller0SamMiller0 Posts: 38
    Sounds like what I'd ask for my birthday meal
    Rochester, MN  --- Large BGE
    ·
  • RzeancakRzeancak Posts: 157
    A meal fit for a king, Happy Bday BigPhil enjoy your day
    A child can ask questions a wise man can't answer!!!
    Canada
    Large @ Small BGE 

·
  • CharlieTNCharlieTN Posts: 177

Sounds very good and Happy Birthday.

I was informed that I was cooking Father's Day dinner for my whole extended family.  I'm the father in the bunch.  :-)

·
  • SmokinDAWG82SmokinDAWG82 Posts: 1,704
    Happy Birthday Phil!
    LBGE
    Go Dawgs! - Marietta, GA
    ·
  • SmokeyPittSmokeyPitt Posts: 6,892
    Sounds like a perfect birthday meal...have a great one. 

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

·
  • ChubbsChubbs Posts: 5,461
    I just walked down to my mailbox and still don't have an invitation. What gives? Happy B-day
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
    ·
  • hapsterhapster Posts: 7,053
    So when you blew out your candles, what did you apologize for?
    ·
  • hapsterhapster Posts: 7,053
    Happy Birthday!!!
    ·
  • ScottborasjrScottborasjr Posts: 2,935
    Happy Birthday Phil, enjoy your day and your cook.
    I raise my kids, cook and golf.  When work gets in the way I'm pissed, I'm pissed off 48 weeks a year.
    Inbetween Iowa and Colorado, not close to anything remotely entertaining outside of football season. 
    ·
  • bbqlearnerbbqlearner Posts: 739
    Happy b'day!

Houston, TX - Buddy LBGE, Don SBGE, Tiny Mini & Shiny Momma Pitts n Spitts

·
  • Fred19FlintstoneFred19Flintstone Posts: 5,514
    Happy birthday Phil! Mine is this Sunday and Wilma informed me that Brown Santa has been making a lot of stops here lately. So don't expect much. I asked if it counts that CGS ships with FedEx because they don't wear brown suits? Crickets.

........................................................................................

Flint, Michigan.  Named the most dangerous city in America by the F.B.I. three years running.

We invented the U.A.W. and carjacking!

·
  • bigphilbigphil Posts: 1,386
    Thanks everyone!!!! 
    Happy birthday Phil! Mine is this Sunday and Wilma informed me that Brown Santa has been making a lot of stops here lately. So don't expect much. I asked if it counts that CGS ships with FedEx because they don't wear brown suits? Crickets.
    Happy Birthday Fred!!!! And Wilma doesn't have a long lost sister by chance does she named Pam lol 
    Large Big Green Egg , XL Big Green Egg . BBQ Guru, Weber Kettle, Weber Q grill for road trips.
    ·
  • JRWhiteeJRWhitee Posts: 2,668
    Happy Birthday Phil, I went ahead and cooked dinner for you. Asparagus, Zucchini and Baked Potato should be out shortly. <:-P

Large BGE 2006, Mini Max 2014 
    Founding Member of the Green Man Group cooking team.
    Johns Creek, Georgia

·
  • tazcrashtazcrash Posts: 1,851
    Happy birthday Phil. 

we have a similar rule, and I'm asking for the same. 

Bx - > NJ ->TX!!! 
    All to get cheaper brisket! 
    ·
  • RACRAC Posts: 1,498
    Happy Birthday!

Ricky

Spring, TX

·
  • chris123stockchris123stock Posts: 664
    Happy Birthday Phil.
    <:-P
    ·
    JRWhitee said:
    Happy Birthday Phil, I went ahead and cooked dinner for you. Asparagus, Zucchini and Baked Potato should be out shortly. <:-P
    Thanks!!!!! That Sir looks amazing .How'd you cook it 
    ·
    bigphil said:
    JRWhitee said:
    Rubbed with Olive oil, stuffed and smeared with garlic, seasoned with Chef Ivo's Robust Ribeye Steak seasoning and Kosher salt. Cooking indirect at 300 dome temp. Pulled at 130 and let rest while I grilled the asparagus.

Johns Creek, Georgia

·
  • Little StevenLittle Steven Posts: 27,352

Happy birthday Phil. Do it at 250* about 25 minutes a pound. If you want an end sear pull it 15* below your target

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
  • SmokeyPittSmokeyPitt Posts: 6,892
    JRWhitee said:
    bigphil said:
    JRWhitee said:
    Rubbed with Olive oil, stuffed and smeared with garlic, seasoned with Chef Ivo's Robust Ribeye Steak seasoning and Kosher salt. Cooking indirect at 300 dome temp. Pulled at 130 and let rest while I grilled the asparagus.
    +1 ..that is an amazing looking rib roast @JRWhitee.  I feel like it's X-mas with the gift exchanging and pics of prime rib flying around. 

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

·
  • caneggercanegger Posts: 537
    Happy birthday
    ·
  • Happy Birthday bigphil.  We have the same tradition at our house.  You've made a great choice.

Damascus, VA.  Friendliest town on the Appalachian Trail.

LBGE Aug 2012, SBGE Feb 2014

·
    Changed the menu slightly went with mixed veggie's .heres some pics and my eggs got me a card as well ,veggies done on the XL @400 dome and the prime rib done on the large @300 dome rubbed with raising the steaks all in all turned out pretty good .and thanks again to everyone this is one great forum with great people 
    ·
    Nice cook Bigphil looks like a great birthday.

Johns Creek, Georgia

·
  • R2Egg2QR2Egg2Q Posts: 1,652
    Happy b-day Phil! That's a very fine looking meal you plated up.
    XL, Large, Small, Mini Eggs
    Bay Area, CA
    ·