Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

BBQ Dragon

J_Que
J_Que Posts: 223

I ran acorss an Interesting new fire starter tool on kickstarter that I thought you all may be interested in. (For the record: I have no affiliation with this company)

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1025864883/bbq-dragon-the-barbecue-and-fire-supercharger?ref=live

I know all the rules, but the rules do not know me.

Small, Medium, 2 Large, XL ,Stumps XL Stretch, Workhorse 1975

Comments

• tamu2009
    tamu2009 Posts: 387
    Looks interesting, but it just looks like a fan? I skimmed it, but does it heat?
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    LBGE 2013 - MiniMax 2015 - Seemingly every accessory the fine folks at CGS sell - Fightin' Texas Aggie till I die - Gig 'Em - Located in the bright lights of Dallas
  • dpittard
    dpittard Posts: 126
    @tamu2009 My understanding is that it is only a USB powered fan. At $40 to get into the base level Kickstarter that actually includes the fan, I think there are many better methods.

LBGE with a massive wish list
    Athens, Ga.
  • SamMiller0
    SamMiller0 Posts: 38
    SWMBO's hair drier is a cheaper option at $0 even if it requires an extension cord
    Rochester, MN  --- Large BGE
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    SWMBO's hair drier is a cheaper option at $0 even if it requires an extension cord
    and a black eye.
  • J_Que
    J_Que Posts: 223
    edited May 2013
    I prefer my stoker wifi. Goes from 0 to inferno in no time. Costs a lot more but it's bad ass.
    I know all the rules, but the rules do not know me.

Small, Medium, 2 Large, XL ,Stumps XL Stretch, Workhorse 1975
  • Goose53
    Goose53 Posts: 11
    Which is why i use the leaf blower.
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Goose53 said:
    Which is why i use the leaf blower.
    Vacuum out your ash first. My wife wanted to know why it was snowing in July.
  • tamu2009
    tamu2009 Posts: 387
    I mean at least the looftlights blows hot air? I dont have one, but I thought it didn't need an ignition source besides the looft.

So this one needs an ignition source and this is just an over priced fan? Why did they mention the need for it to stay cool if it doesn't blow hot air?

This seems as frivolous at the grillbarrow.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    LBGE 2013 - MiniMax 2015 - Seemingly every accessory the fine folks at CGS sell - Fightin' Texas Aggie till I die - Gig 'Em - Located in the bright lights of Dallas
  • SamMiller0
    SamMiller0 Posts: 38
    tamu2009 said:
    This seems as frivolous at the grillbarrow.
    at least this one doesn't cost as much as a medium BGE.
    Rochester, MN  --- Large BGE
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,727
    I'm not rushing to buy it but it may have some utility. I like that it is cordless, so I could use it on my other cookers to get a BFF (big f*cking fire) going.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • MrCookingNurse
    MrCookingNurse Posts: 4,665
    I was expecting some type of flame thrower  (:|

XLBGE