Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

The List is revealed

GQuiz
GQuiz Posts: 701
Texas Monthly announced the Top 50. A top 4 to follow. Smitty's fell off the list. What's going on?!?!? Anyway, here it is. http://eater.com/archives/2013/05/15/here-is-texas-monthlys-2013-top-50-bbq-list-unranked.php

XL BGE; Schertz TX by way of Stow OH. #egghead4life

Comments

• GQuiz
    GQuiz Posts: 701
    Ok... Found the top 4. No surprise... Franklin's is number one. Three tied for second... Louie Mueller's in Taylor, Snow's in Lexington and Pecan Lodge in Dallas.

XL BGE; Schertz TX by way of Stow OH. #egghead4life
  • was going to say- the food on the cover is Franklin's (can tell by the sauce bottle) so I assume he won.

Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    This might have also been a clue ;)

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

Ha! didn't look that close. 
  • bbqlearner
    bbqlearner Posts: 760
    Anybody in Houston ever tried Virgie's? I've had Gatlin's and it's pretty good.

Houston, TX - Buddy LBGE, Don SBGE, Tiny Mini & Shiny Momma Pitts n Spitts

• Anybody in Houston ever tried Virgie's? I've had Gatlin's and it's pretty good.
    I have. It's good...if you don't mind cats trying to steal your food while you eat :))

seriously, it's good but it's kind if in a bad hood and there are cats everywhere. You eat outside on picnic tables. There were guys in ties and semi homeless looking dudes (and cats) all eating together side by side. 
  • bbqlearner
    I have. It's good...if you don't mind cats trying to steal your food while you eat :))

seriously, it's good but it's kind if in a bad hood and there are cats everywhere. You eat outside on picnic tables. There were guys in ties and semi homeless looking dudes (and cats) all eating together side by side. 

:)) Note to self: BUY TO GO!

• Anybody in Houston ever tried Virgie's? I've had Gatlin's and it's pretty good.

not a bad idea. it's good Q though. Did i mention the cats?

• BU_BBQ
    BU_BBQ Posts: 15
    I work near there and drive by Virgie's on my way back from Rudy's. The place never looks crowded so I never ventured to stop by since it is in a bad spot. Will have to try it soon though.

Corkscrew in Spring is amazing. They just opened in 2011 and have already made the top 50. Very good stuff there--pulled pork tacos are the best.

not a bad idea. it's good Q though. Did i mention the cats?

• Charlie tuna
    Charlie tuna Posts: 2,191
    The Chinese say BBQ cat is the best!
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025

Centex.. I believe pitt just called you clueless. You gonna take that?

Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Virgie's is the cat's meow.

They even help cook.
  • Virgie's is the cat's meow.

They even help cook.
    dude.....no
  • tazcrash
    tazcrash Posts: 1,852
    Virgie's is the cat's meow.

They even help cook.

=))
    Bx - > NJ ->TX!!! 
    All to get cheaper brisket! 
  • fletcherfam
    fletcherfam Posts: 935
    What is up with the cat photos on here lately, first rocket cat, now BBQ cat?

• SmokeyPitt
    henapple said:
    Not what I meant!  The bottle was a clue...the butcher paper was a clue...there were a few clues. My comment was intended to be nothing more than good spirited smart assery.  

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• bbqlearner
    henapple said:
    Not what I meant!  The bottle was a clue...the butcher paper was a clue...there were a few clues. My comment was intended to be nothing more than good spirited smart assery.  
    Is it total of 3 clues and we will need to sit in the thinking chair to figure out the clues Blue left?
    :)

• SmokeyPitt
    bbqlearner said:Is it total of 3 clues and we will need to sit in the thinking chair to figure out the clues Blue left? 
    :)
    Que's clues :)

• henapple said:
    as it was taken...........I think he was being the same.