Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
With winter in full gear, we’re enjoying all the awesome photos of EGGs in the cold weather. Stay warm with some of our favorite Dutch oven recipes: Chicken & Dumplings, Chili Con Carne and BLT Soup.

The Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new location and check out the museum! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

What do you put it on?

I don't have easy access to Dizzy Pig, so I recently picked up the sample pack to see which bottles I want to buy. It's safe to say I'm getting close to buying all of them. Today, I sprinkled some Dust on a cheese omelet and was blown away by with it. So lets hear it, what do you put your DP on.
LBGE (2012), MiniMax (2014), and too many Eggcessories to list.  - Sudbury, Ontario
·

Comments

• GriffinGriffin Posts: 6,697

Swamp venom has replaced cajun seasonings at our house. Even used it in making a salad dressing the other night.

Richardson, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

·
  • Swamp Venon on wings is easily one of my favorites.  Pineapple Head on pineapple or peaches is great too.

_________________________________________________________________________________________

Johnson, Navin R... Sounds like a typical bastard.

Belmont, NC

·
  • six_eggsix_egg Posts: 600
    I use dizzy dust on ribs and butts, Cow lick or raising steaks on beef. Swamp venon on wings but use it for a little kick on anything.

XLBGE, LBGE growing accessories.

Want: Ceramicgrillworks 2 tier large, Dutch oven, Cyber Q Wifi

Grenada, MS

·
  • Greeno55Greeno55 Posts: 489
    Anyone have any non-traditional uses?
    LBGE (2012), MiniMax (2014), and too many Eggcessories to list.  - Sudbury, Ontario
    ·
  • Greeno55Greeno55 Posts: 489
    Griffin said:

Swamp venom has replaced cajun seasonings at our house. Even used it in making a salad dressing the other night.

Salad dressing you say? Did you just dash some in an oil and vinegar type concoction?
    ·
  • SmokeyPittSmokeyPitt Posts: 5,597
    I used some Dizzy Dust on some sauteed onions cooked on the stove.  The onions alone were fantastic!  I used them to make a grilled cheese with leftover pulled pork + the sauted onions on sourdough.  It rocked.   \m/

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg wing. 
    2014 Wing King's Apprentice
    ·
  • billyraybillyray Posts: 1,116
    Greeno55 said:
    Griffin said:

Salad dressing you say? Did you just dash some in an oil and vinegar type concoction?

Home made Italian dressing for marinating chicken.

• 2 Tbl Ground mustard
    • 2 smashed garlic cloves
    • 1 Tbl red pepper flakes
    • 1 Tbl sugar
    • 1/2 tsp dry basil
    • 1/2 tsp dry oregano
    • 2 Tbl DP Raging River
    • 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
    • 1 cup EVOO
    • Mix everthing together except the EVOO and then stir and drizzle the vinegar in. Marinate chicken overnight.
    Felton, Ca. 2-LBGE, 1-Small and waiting on a mini
    ·
  • SmokinDAWG82SmokinDAWG82 Posts: 1,704
    • Pineapple Head on vanilla ice cream and fruit
    • Raging River on Salmon and Chicken Wings
    • Raising the steaks on any beef
    • I mix Dizzy dust and brown sugar on ribs
    • Its all good - Cowlick in Chilli
    LBGE
    Go Dawgs! - Marietta, GA
    ·
  • J_QueJ_Que Posts: 201
    Greeno55 said:
    Anyone have any non-traditional uses?

I dizzy dust bacon every once and a while. Also like to sprinkle a little venom on my hash browns.
    I knew all the rules, but the rules did not know me.
    ·
  • KoskoKosko Posts: 535
    Red eye express on baked beans!.........it's Killer!!!
    Peachtree City, Ga Large BGE
    ·
  • Non-traditional?  Sometimes we put Pineapple Head on pork chops.

........................................................................................

Flint, Michigan.  Named the most dangerous city in America by the F.B.I. three years running.

We invented the U.A.W. and carjacking!

·
  • Plano_JJPlano_JJ Posts: 448
    I put DD in fried eggs to make a sammich and its phenomenal. I also put Raising the Steaks in ground meat for sliders and they will knock your socks off. Have to do a couple of tester patties to get the mixture right though.
    ·
  • GriffinGriffin Posts: 6,697
    Greeno55 said:
    Griffin said:

I'm sorry (and I'm being sincere, not joking around like all the other apologies the last 2 days). I totally missed your question originally. Wasn't trying to ignore you.

1/4 cup light mayonnaise 2 tbsp lemon juice 1 tbsp water 1/2 tsp Swamp Venom (adjust to taste) image  

Richardson, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

·
  • tazcrashtazcrash Posts: 1,847
    I'm sorry that Griff had to offer a sincere apology. 

Bx - > NJ ->TX!!! 
    All to get cheaper brisket! 
    ·
  • ChuckChuck Posts: 812
    Pineapple Head in sweet potato hash, swamp venom in bloody marys and in tarter sauce, cow lick on sliced tomatoes and in flour for braised shortribs, Firewalk on grilled plantains, Bombay Curryish in chicken coconut stew......and the list goes on.  I use Dizzy Pig rubs almost every day on the egg or in the kitchen.  
    ·
  • Hi54puttyHi54putty Posts: 1,496
    I like Cow Lick on my eggs and tomatoes. 
    XL,L,S 
    Winston-Salem, NC 
    ·
  • fishlessmanfishlessman Posts: 16,516
    a light dusting of raising the steaks goes well with some room temp sharp cheddar. i dust it on while cold and let it warm up in the sun on my cutting board
    ·
  • SkiddymarkerSkiddymarker Posts: 6,295
    I'm with Fred, Pineapple Head is our go to for pineapple glaze on anything pork, chops/loins/ham. 
    It also has about 1/2 the salt of most DP rubs per tsp. Credit to them, they do make some that are salt free, must give those a try. 
    Delta B.C. - Vee-Gan: old Indian word for poor hunter. 
    ·