Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT: Apology for Mr. Charlie Tuna

124»

Comments

• Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817

OK, I suppose you'd have to have some allegiance the greeneggers to take the comment made as a slap.  I read it, and my first thought was, "how nice for someone to pop in while there is turmoil, conveniently, and tell the members to come on over."  What I read was  "We're better than you anyway."

Like I said, it's a matter of perspective.  Each crowd has different assets to offer.  To say one is better is skewed by preference.  In the end, I think there's a difference between telling someone they are stirring the pot and telling them to support their remarks AND calling someone an a¤¤hole and a hypocrite.

I personally don't understand the competitive attitudes.  And as a matter of perspective I didn't agreen with the "dark side" or "Bi" remarks.  I think most of it is directed at corporate and the history.  But it's my contention that the negative stuff doesn't do us any favors in the long run.  In the immediate?  The drama sure does go a long way in generating traffic!  Maybe marketing isn't what Greeneggers needs after all.  Just hire some soap opera writers.  Any applicants?
    Yeah Staci, but you're a girl. Guys can fight forever over nothing and somehow it makes sense to us. I nominate woodoggies as the writer.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• cazzy said:
    The next throwdown should be against the other forum :>
    I challenged the guy that said we have no clue to a throwdown! Love the cen-tex added the "no clue" snide to my post. Good stuff!
    I think that would be a lot of fun and a good thing. They probably won't but I'll throw it out there.

Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • cazzy said:
    I challenged the guy that said we have no clue to a throwdown! Love the cen-tex added the "no clue" snide to my post. Good stuff!
    I can't figure out how to post pics over there. I forgot. What do you use over there?

• tazcrash
    tazcrash Posts: 1,852
    edited May 2013
    The funniest thing is that They are @#!*% at VI, and yet..... He is the reason that their traffic numbers has gone up so much this week. !! 
    Bx - > NJ ->TX!!! 
    All to get cheaper brisket! 
  • tazcrash said:
    The funniest thing is that They are @#!*% at VI, and yet..... He is the reason that their traffic numbers has gone up so much this week. !! 
    ha! the site is crashed :)). 

• tazcrash
    edited May 2013
    Are you sure? I'm in.

Maybe they just banned you? :D

Bx - > NJ ->TX!!! 
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    cazzy said:
    I can't figure out how to post pics over there. I forgot. What do you use over there?

It has been a while, but basically you need a link to the image (so it has to be on photobucket, picasa, etc).  You can press the IMG button and it will create the open tag, then put your link and press it again for the closing tag (or just type them)

[img size=150]http://YourImageHere[/img]

You can also adjust the size...150 is pretty small.  

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    It just went down for a moment it seems...much like that odd vanilla "over capacity" pokemon we see over here ;)

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• tazcrash said:
    Are you sure? I'm in.

Maybe they just banned you? :D

just went down for a few seconds.  3 or 4 times though.

When I get banned, I will be going out in style.

• tazcrash
    just went down for a few seconds.  3 or 4 times though.

When I get banned, I will be going out in style.

Why does that not surprise me? 
    Just call me first. I want front row seats. 

Bx - > NJ ->TX!!! 
  • Village Idiot
    Village Idiot Posts: 6,959
    I hope you all enjoy the other forum.  Really !  There are some wonderful people there.  But, don't piss one of them off.  They have their own network behind the scene that will black ball you in a second.  And, as you have seen, they can be very vicious.

Just keep telling them you like their ****, and you'll do fine.  I hope you continue to post here too.

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,657
    I hope you all enjoy the other forum.  Really !  There are some wonderful people there.  But, don't piss one of them off.  They have their own network behind the scene that will black ball you in a second.  And, as you have seen, they can be very vicious.

Just keep telling them you like their ****, and you'll do fine.  I hope you continue to post here too.
    you sure have some old feelings about this VI, most of the behind the scenes folk have been missing for some time now
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    edited May 2013

cazzy said:

I was trying to IMG links to work forever...finally figured out that the aite doesn't like for the [img] to be capitalized which is the default from photobucket.
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,657
    cazzy, i just copy and paste the img link from photobucket into the message section there, dont hit any of the posting buttons, its a direct copy and paste
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • cazzy, i just copy and paste the img link from photobucket into the message section there, dont hit any of the posting buttons, its a direct copy and paste
    me too. it works for me

• Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    @fishlessman
    Can you post images "over there" without using crappy photo hosting sites? This would preclude me from posting anything that actually happened.
  • MrCookingNurse
    MrCookingNurse Posts: 4,665
    ouch, just made my first post over there and it was painful, finally got a picture put in it too!!! 

there's a forum that i used to frequent www.tacomaworld.com and they had a super set up, I dont know who serviced it, but it was sweet easy to post, easy to navigate and had a cool email/text in pics thread were you could just send it a pic of your truck or something, that would be cool for us like a "whats for dinner"

XLBGE 
  • MrCookingNurse
    MrCookingNurse Posts: 4,665
    @cazzy

I hit the img button, it throws in some code, then on photobucket copied the direct link option, pasted it, then hit the img button again and it threw in the closer code and it worked. took a few tries. 

XLBGE