Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT: Apology for Mr. Charlie Tuna

Comments

• Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    cazzy said:
    2 peeps already agreed with my post. They're probably going to ban m e for speaking the truth. Lol I hope they listen cause my suggestions will help in the long run.
    You hit the nail on the head The Cen-Tex Smoker

I actually found that forum first but have yet to ever post there, due to the reason's you both stated. I'll never understand the hostility towards new people there. It is sad, period. I haven't a clue as to what really happened in the summer of 2011(though I think it has something to with the logo at the top left of this page). Apparently, there was "the forum formerly known as this forum" that was unofficial and corporate decided to make it official. I guess that is why I can see posts from 2007 on this forum when searching. From what I have read, "the new management team" came in and took over and the reaction was like they shot the forum's dog for pooping in their yard. 

I guess if I don't post there, I can't be one of the "cool kids". I'll stick with the dorks here.

• travisstrick
    travisstrick Posts: 5,002
    Click of "flat thread view" it helps. But only a little.
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
  • WokOnMedium
    WokOnMedium Posts: 1,376
    edited May 2013
    OK, I suppose you'd have to have some allegiance the greeneggers to take the comment made as a slap.  I read it, and my first thought was, "how nice for someone to pop in while there is turmoil, conveniently, and tell the members to come on over."  What I read was  "We're better than you anyway."

Like I said, it's a matter of perspective.  Each crowd has different assets to offer.  To say one is better is skewed by preference.  In the end, I think there's a difference between telling someone they are stirring the pot and telling them to support their remarks AND calling someone an a¤¤hole and a hypocrite.

I personally don't understand the competitive attitudes.  And as a matter of perspective I didn't agreen with the "dark side" or "Bi" remarks.  I think most of it is directed at corporate and the history.  But it's my contention that the negative stuff doesn't do us any favors in the long run.  In the immediate?  The drama sure does go a long way in generating traffic!  Maybe marketing isn't what Greeneggers needs after all.  Just hire some soap opera writers.  Any applicants?
  • cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    Click of "flat thread view" it helps. But only a little.
    Only way to browse there IMO
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • cazzy
    edited May 2013
    Hopefully Serial Griller thinks I have a clue!  If he doesn't...oh well.   :P

• QDude
    QDude Posts: 1,052
    The other forum is just too difficult to get thru quickly. I would go there for help if the format changed. Of course id never leave this one!

Northern Colorado Egghead since 2012.

XL BGE and a KBQ.

• fletcherfam
    fletcherfam Posts: 935
    @travistrick, holy cow, never knew you could view the forum that way, they should make that he default.
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    cazzy said:
    Hopefully Serial Griller thinks I have a clue!  If he doesn't...oh well.   :P

Man...thats an impressive resume!

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    Yes! This is awesome. Can't believe I missed it. Now I gotta go log in over there and follow this $h*t storm from the beginning. I'm just glad I didn't start it (not really).

Sometimes, it is best to be in the crowd, part of the mob if you will, let the lions and Christians duke it out. I can't believe you were not part of this CT..... Then again, there is always time..
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • Yes! This is awesome. Can't believe I missed it. Now I gotta go log in over there and follow this $h*t storm from the beginning. I'm just glad I didn't start it (not really).

Sometimes, it is best to be in the crowd, part of the mob if you will, let the lions and Christians duke it out. I can't believe you were not part of this CT..... Then again, there is always time..
    day ain't over yet, Skiddy :)). I am enjoying being part of the mob on this one though
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • Eggcelsior
    CT, your kicking butt so far.
  • Village Idiot
    Village Idiot Posts: 6,959
    Mickey said:
    Ok, for real. Gary was the good guy in this and that should not have happened. (Did I just say that crap?)

:x

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

• ddegger
    ddegger Posts: 244
    Damn.  I have all these great pictures of my stuffed burger success tonight that I was getting ready to post....but who wants to pay any attention to boring burgers with this show going on?!
  • Scottborasjr
    Scottborasjr Posts: 3,494
    @ddegger I was going to attempt to debut my Baking Steel pizzas, but decided standard burgers would be the order of the evening so mine are even more boring then yours.
    :)>-
    I raise my kids, cook and golf.  When work gets in the way I'm pissed, I'm pissed off 48 weeks a year.
    Inbetween Iowa and Colorado, not close to anything remotely entertaining outside of football season. 
  • bbqlearner
    bbqlearner Posts: 760
    Just post your title with the word "apology" - we'll read it :D

Houston, TX - Buddy LBGE, Don SBGE, Tiny Mini & Shiny Momma Pitts n Spitts

• brycos
    brycos Posts: 137
    Wow! I got a headache reading it - yet I didn't stop. Happens every time I try to read through a long thread on that site.  I hate there set-up.  Yet there unwilling to do anything about it.

Those guys are pissed about alot of different things.

It seems to me that they need to decide what it is they want:

Do they want members or do they to they want to be right - about everything - in spite of what they've been told over and over.?
    (the layout sucks, you're perceived as not that friendly).  One of the first post in that thread spoke about how great it was when all these former posters were there.  Why did they leave if it's so great?

Do they want corporate to give them some extra credit for building BGE into what it is?
    (Did they do this?) ( why don't they start buying KJ / grill dome / primo then?)

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,665
    a majority of those older posters just stopped posting when the forum split, oh, and some are dead, and most were forum members from the 1990's. do you expect to be posting on this site everyday in 2030
    :))
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • MrCookingNurse
    MrCookingNurse Posts: 4,665
    do you expect to be posting on this site everyday in 2030
    Uh, yea.... Someones gotta catch LIttle Steves post count, and I'm only 25

XLBGE 
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,665
    its hard to do, i got handicapped years ago with one of the forum switches resetting my post count to 0 
    :)) its rigged
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Aviator
    Aviator Posts: 1,757
    I agree with others, the other site is cumbersome to navigate and read. Have no dog in the race otherwise.

Large and Small BGE, Blackstone 36 and a baby black Kub.

Chattanooga, TN.

• MrCookingNurse
    its hard to do, i got handicapped years ago with one of the forum switches resetting my post count to 0 
    :)) its rigged
    ah that stinks, hapster got a dirty reset too

XLBGE 
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025

25...you're still going through puberty.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • MrCookingNurse
    henapple said:
    25...you're still going through puberty.
    So theres still hope!  :^o

XLBGE 
  • Eggcelsior
    Hey, is it wrong that I just changed my handle to Darth Vader over there?
  • The next throwdown should be against the other forum :>

XL BGE with adj rig & woo2

• cazzy

The next throwdown should be against the other forum :>

I challenged the guy that said we have no clue to a throwdown! Love the cen-tex added the "no clue" snide to my post. Good stuff!
  • tazcrash
    tazcrash Posts: 1,852
    I liked your new description...... Clueless Dark Sider. .
    Bx - > NJ ->TX!!! 
    All to get cheaper brisket!