Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope you all got to celebrate those tasty food holidays last week, we sure enjoyed them! We are even more excited about the beginning of fall, for so many reasons, but mainly for experiencing the cool, crisp air while being outside cooking up the best recipes the season has to offer. We especially love these Beer Pork Tenderloin and Ground Beef Acorn Squash recipes! Fall is upon us, and it's a great time for getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Post low and slow Butt advise Urgent - Apologies not necessary

Going to Northern Minnesota for an annual fishing trip with 11 Friends this morning.  I decided to cook up 14 lbs of Butt, because Cow Lick Chili just did not sound like a good idea for a cabin full of 12 men.  At any rate the butt came out of the Egg at 203 degrees at 4 am this morning.  It is currently 6:45, I am leaving at 8 am and the butt is not going to be eaten until either noonish or 3-4 pm.
I have it currently FTC'd but I am curious what your thoughts are for transport given my schedule?  I am considering pulling it and putting it in a tin disposable pan and wrapping in foil or leaving as it is in the FTC. 
What would you do? Any other ideas?

Comments