Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
With winter in full gear, we’re enjoying all the awesome photos of EGGs in the cold weather. Stay warm with some of our favorite Dutch oven recipes: Chicken & Dumplings, Chili Con Carne and BLT Soup.

The Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new location and check out the museum! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

I want to apologize....

GriffinGriffin Posts: 6,697
Had to cook inside tonight. Weather got hinkey and had to batten down the hatches. Was touch and go for awhile. Think we're good now. Hope you don't think less of us. (Both eggs we're moved inside the house for the first time ever)

Richardson, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

·

Comments

• hapsterhapster Posts: 6,177
    You are forgiven... Go forth and sin no more.
    ·
  • ScottborasjrScottborasjr Posts: 2,122
    Dear God, Unacceptable @Griffin.
    :))

At least you cooked, we had takeout which was okay, but not great. Weather wasn't my excuse unfortunately, it was just piss poor planning for dinner.
    I raise my kids, cook and golf.  When work gets in the way I'm pissed, I'm pissed off 48 weeks a year.
    Inbetween Iowa and Colorado, not close to anything remotely entertaining outside of football season. 
    ·
  • Randy1Randy1 Posts: 362
    Apology accepted.
    Benton,Arkansas
    ·
  • fletcherfamfletcherfam Posts: 855
    I think you need to apologize to the eggs, not to us. I think they felt lo let tonight
    ·
  • henapplehenapple Posts: 13,218
    The WD is awesome. Every Sunday we when it's on we pile up on the couch and watch it.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
    ·
  • bbqlearnerbbqlearner Posts: 674
    Once in a while, the eggs want some cool weather instead of being "burned" :D

Houston, TX - Buddy LBGE, Don SBGE, Tiny Mini & Shiny Momma Pitts n Spitts

·
  • Village IdiotVillage Idiot Posts: 6,947
    Saw your weather on the news.  Man, you all got hammered !  Hope everything is OK this morning.

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Gateway to the Hill Country

·
  • Dyal_SCDyal_SC Posts: 2,192
    Glad y'all are ok.
    2014 Co-Wing King
    ·
  • JerkChickenJerkChicken Posts: 551
    Pics or it didn't happen  :P
    LBGE, Weber OTG w/ Rotisserie, Weber Genesis S-330, Chargriller Duo, AR-15, AK-47
    ·
  • GriffinGriffin Posts: 6,697
    We're fine this morning. Got a bunch of rain, some heavy wind last night, power went out for about 15 seconds, but that was it. Heard tornado sirens but it seems like most of the heavy stuff was really south of Dallas in Granbury and Cleburne. Saw a bunch of downed limbs on my way out to work this morning in Sunnyvale and Duck Creek is pretty high up the levees.

Richardson, Texas

·
  • TUTTLE871TUTTLE871 Posts: 1,316
    Limbs down in my neighborhood and power was out for a while, I left the egg outside in its table, I figured if a tornado was going to take it so be it. It would also of taken my 5k pound pergola also.
    Drove by White Rock Creek and that thing is flooding like crazy.

"Hold my beer and watch this S##T!"

LARGE BGE DALLAS TX.

·
  • Charlie tunaCharlie tuna Posts: 2,191
    Glad you made it thru the storm --  the eggs may require "Re-Christening" now ?
    ·
  • MickeyMickey Posts: 15,800
    Glad all ok my friend.
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max +++ 5th Salado EggFest is March 14, 2015 http://saladoeggheadgathering.blogspot.com

·
  • GriffinGriffin Posts: 6,697

If any 're-christening" needs to be done, it will have to wait until Saturday. Tonight we're heading down to see my sister-in-law graduate from that burnt orange university down the road (Austin). I'll have to make sure to wear my finest green and gold (Baylor).

>:)

Richardson, Texas

·