Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

North Coast Eggfest - My Homage to KennyG

Options
I haven't been as active around here as I used to be. And don't really go on the other forum at all. So I'm planning on cooking at the North Coast Eggfest this weekend. Was wondering if anyone on this forum was planning on going? I figure I'd be more likely to know the fine folks here than any place BGE on the interwebs. 

I'd also like to give a shout out to Matt. He seems to be the person that has spearheaded the effort to bring this event to the North Coast. I read through the feedback post on here yesterday and he implemented most if not all the feedback posted on here. From setting up discount meats, hotel package, and right on to making it free for us to cook. I'm looking forward to meeting Matt! 

Finally, KennyG lived about 10 minutes from where this Eggfest is taking place. I have no doubt if he were still with us he'd be cooking this Saturday. He got me into cooking on the BGE and was a great person all around. I plan on honoring him this Saturday by cooking his chili recipe. I'll have copies of it to pass out for anyone that wants it. It was the recipe he posted here in 2002. 

So stop by, say hello, and try some of KennyG's chili. Its what he usually cooked when he went to Eggfests. 

Cheers! 
John
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Strongsville, Ohio

Yes.  I own a blue egg!  Call Atlanta if you don't believe me!
[I put this here so everyone knows when I put pictures up with a blue egg in it]

Comments

• Fred19Flintstone
    Fred19Flintstone Posts: 8,168
    Options

Welcome back John!

I live in Flint, so it's a bit far for me to go to your eggfest.  I just wanted to welcome you back and let you know I think your avatar is killer!

Fred

Flint, Michigan
  • fiver29
    fiver29 Posts: 628
    Options
    Thanks! That became my avatar here a few years back when my mouth got me into trouble. I haven't changed it back to what it used to be since I haven't been around in a while. I'll keep it as a reminder to play nice. Flint is only a 3 1/2 hour drive from here. I will be driving through Flint on my way to the UP this summer for vacation. If you change your mind we're cooking all day!
    Strongsville, Ohio

[I put this here so everyone knows when I put pictures up with a blue egg in it]

• Fred19Flintstone
    Fred19Flintstone Posts: 8,168
    Options

Sorry, we're going to the Toronto Eggfest on June 1st.  Wilma wanted to see Toronto.

Flint, Michigan
  • SmokinDAWG82
    SmokinDAWG82 Posts: 1,705
    Options
    @fiver29 for those of us who can't make it you feel like sharing the chili recipe?
    LBGE
    Go Dawgs! - Marietta, GA
  • fiver29
    fiver29 Posts: 628
    Options
    @fiver29 for those of us who can't make it you feel like sharing the chili recipe?

Sure! http://eggheadforum.com/discussion/comment/750456/#Comment_750456
    Strongsville, Ohio