Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Loin - Bacon

Followed a recipe in Charcuterie - Brine (Kosher salt, Cure, Sugar, Sage, Thyme, Garlic) 48 hours, pat dry, Uncovered fridge 24 hours and then smoked with Dome 210 and Internal 150

Mrs fastcar which is monitoring for me with iGrill says it looks "anemic"

I guess the ultimate test will be in the fry pan, but any comments ?   Thanks

·

Comments

• Little StevenLittle Steven Posts: 27,321
    I think you are making "Canadian bacon" Don't know anything about it. What wood are you using for smoke?

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
  • Doc_EggertonDoc_Eggerton Posts: 4,384
    Just did this two weeks ago, turned out great.  I brined for 4 days.  Posted the pics, so you should be able to find them.
    Pasquali Luciano
    Buon appetito to all the BGE family
    XLBGE, LBGE, MBGE and lots of toys

·
  • jimfastcarjimfastcar Posts: 88
    Used Apple, small amount
    ·
  • egger aveegger ave Posts: 580
    I have made bacon several times. It may not look as pink as store bought depending on if you used pink salt (salt and sodium nitrate) and how much. I bet it tastes great if it's anything like mine. SWMBO won't buy it from the store anymore.
    1 Large BGE, 1 Mini BGE, 1 Minimax BGE, Original wife and 4 dogs living in the heart of BBQ country in Round Rock Texas. "Friends don't let friends cook with propane"
    ·