Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Loin - Bacon

Followed a recipe in Charcuterie - Brine (Kosher salt, Cure, Sugar, Sage, Thyme, Garlic) 48 hours, pat dry, Uncovered fridge 24 hours and then smoked with Dome 210 and Internal 150

Mrs fastcar which is monitoring for me with iGrill says it looks "anemic"

I guess the ultimate test will be in the fry pan, but any comments ?   Thanks

Comments

• Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    I think you are making "Canadian bacon" Don't know anything about it. What wood are you using for smoke?

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Doc_Eggerton
    Doc_Eggerton Posts: 5,321
    Just did this two weeks ago, turned out great.  I brined for 4 days.  Posted the pics, so you should be able to find them.

XXL #82 out of the first 100, XLGE X 2, LBGE (gave this one to daughter 1.0) , MBGE (now in the hands of iloveagoodyoke daughter 2.0) and lots of toys

• jimfastcar
    jimfastcar Posts: 88
    Used Apple, small amount
  • egger ave
    egger ave Posts: 721
    I have made bacon several times. It may not look as pink as store bought depending on if you used pink salt (salt and sodium nitrate) and how much. I bet it tastes great if it's anything like mine. SWMBO won't buy it from the store anymore.
    1 Large BGE, 1 Mini BGE, 1 Minimax BGE, Original wife and 3 dogs living in the heart of BBQ country in Round Rock Texas. 

"The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it."

Albert Einstein