Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Lazy shrimp

2»

Comments

• Charlie tuna
    Charlie tuna Posts: 2,191

What i'm trying to figure out MrCookingNurse, are you "bragging" or "complaining".  I use "Scott's" toilet paper MrNurse, it's user freindly to my septic tank.  Please elaborate on your skills!  You said my "specialty was seafood", i didn't...  I thought this forum was about sharing experiences on the green egg.  But if you want to talk about toilet paper -- go for it!!

• Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    I like that too, MCN. My specialty is testing rectal tone in spinal cord injuries.

Who wants a Shock Trauma handshake?
  • Village Idiot
    Village Idiot Posts: 6,959
    My brother'f friend is a proctologist.  My brother asked how he could do such a thing for a living.  He said "It may be a bunch of $hit to you, but it's bread and butter to me". 

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

• henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025

@henaple, the candied jalapenos, are they like a sweet bread and butter pickled jalepino with more sugar in a jar with the vinegar solution. i would like to try making them next batch of pickled peppers

I've never had those.. Sound good though
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,733
    i eat those all summer on cheese burgers, simple with the mrswages spice pack. i gotta do more research on the candied ones, never seen them here
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    My brother'f friend is a proctologist.  My brother asked how he could do such a thing for a living.  He said "It may be a bunch of $hit to you, but it's bread and butter to me". 
    More like peanut butter.

Sorry, couldn't let that one slide... oh, wait...

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • bbqlearner
    bbqlearner Posts: 760

That's impressive man. What kind of toilet paper do you use? Just curious on your technique, cause I wipe butt for a living and thought I might could help you perfect it. Everyone has a specialty, yours is seafood, mine is butt wiping.
    That was funny right there.  Not sure if I want to "like" that statement, but it was funny! 

=))  I guess it comes with the territory of being a nurse

Houston, TX - Buddy LBGE, Don SBGE, Tiny Mini & Shiny Momma Pitts n Spitts

• cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    henapple...you hit on the head sir!! If jake and you enjoy it that's all that matters. After all, what kid or any person wouldn't like shrimp wrapped in bacon. What time is dinner??
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • Village Idiot
    Village Idiot Posts: 6,959
    edited May 2013

Living on the Gulf, I have cooked shrimp for 45 years or more.  I could teach Bubba Gump several more ways to cook shrimp.  I make shrimp and crab ABT's and I can assure  you, the shrimp are not overcooked (and I KNOW overcooked shrimp).  Certainly, par-cooking the bacon is a must.

Apologies to Focker.  He probably cooked these 46 years ago.  I really wish he'd show us some of his cooks.  I've asked him three times to show us some, but he seems to avoid the request.

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

• double
    double Posts: 1,214

Living on the Gulf, I have cooked shrimp for 45 years or more.  I could teach Bubba Gump several more ways to cook shrimp.  I make shrimp and crab ABT's and I can assure  you, the shrimp are not overcooked (and I KNOW overcooked shrimp).  Certainly, par-cooking the bacon is a must.

Damn VI you eat that burnt stuff... Please let me come and relieve you of it;-)

Lynnwood WA
  • My brother owned one of the biggest seafood restaurants in Florida, and i used to substitute for the salad chef during his vacations and time off.  One of my "prep jobs" was cooking shrimp for cold platers.  I would cook ten five pound(defrosted) boxes of shrimp at a time.  The method of cooking was foolproof, but required full attention, and a variation of sixty seconds ment dumping $400. of shrimp in the garbage.  I go in restaurants all the time and find they don't know how to cook shrimp.  Shrimp are not supposed to be "rubbery" AT ALL, but tender like fish.  Same with a scallop or lobster.  In both of these products, as they are overcooked, the true taste quickly disappears.  I also managed a large seafood store, that had a commercial steamer for steaming customer's seafood orders.  Custom steamed orders kept us busy, it allowed customers to carry their orders home and serve them warm, but not overcooked.
    That's impressive man. What kind of toilet paper do you use? Just curious on your technique, cause I wipe butt for a living and thought I might could help you perfect it. Everyone has a specialty, yours is seafood, mine is butt wiping.
    This is why I've learned (Thank you Little Steven and the drama club rule #1) to NEVER apologize, especially in writing. You never know when you are going to want to bust somebody's ass again and then it just seems all wishy-washy :)). 

I did like the way you gave him the 7 paragraph apology but still left room for "a little advice" from you.  Makes it seem less sincere so I'll give you a pass :))

Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • henapple
    I think mcn was trying to be nice.. You're never supposed to post knee walking drunk. People are either a lubby dubby or a nasty drunk. Whichever, you'll post things you wish you hadn't.
  • MrCookingNurse
    MrCookingNurse Posts: 4,665

My brother owned one of the biggest seafood restaurants in Florida, and i used to substitute for the salad chef during his vacations and time off.  One of my "prep jobs" was cooking shrimp for cold platers.  I would cook ten five pound(defrosted) boxes of shrimp at a time.  The method of cooking was foolproof, but required full attention, and a variation of sixty seconds ment dumping $400. of shrimp in the garbage.  I go in restaurants all the time and find they don't know how to cook shrimp.  Shrimp are not supposed to be "rubbery" AT ALL, but tender like fish.  Same with a scallop or lobster.  In both of these products, as they are overcooked, the true taste quickly disappears.  I also managed a large seafood store, that had a commercial steamer for steaming customer's seafood orders.  Custom steamed orders kept us busy, it allowed customers to carry their orders home and serve them warm, but not overcooked.

That's impressive man.

What kind of toilet paper do you use? Just curious on your technique, cause I wipe butt for a living and thought I might could help you perfect it. Everyone has a specialty, yours is seafood, mine is butt wiping.

This is why I've learned (Thank you Little Steven and the drama club rule #1) to NEVER apologize, especially in writing. You never know when you are going to want to bust somebody's ass again and then it just seems all wishy-washy :)). 

I did like the way you gave him the 7 paragraph apology but still left room for "a little advice" from you.  Makes it seem less sincere so I'll give you a pass :))

He caught me at a week moment. It didn't really work anyway. He never accepted it and just kept blabbering on other threads.

Stick your hand out for a shake, and don't get one, now it's just an open hand ready to slap a ________ .

XLBGE 
  • henapple said:
    I think mcn was trying to be nice.. You're never supposed to post knee walking drunk. People are either a lubby dubby or a nasty drunk. Whichever, you'll post things you wish you hadn't.
    I'm still learning.................
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • henapple

henapple said:

I'm still learning.................

Remedial Forum Posting 101