Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT: Apology for Mr. Charlie Tuna

Comments

• Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414

Yes! This is awesome. Can't believe I missed it. Now I gotta go log in over there and follow this $h*t storm from the beginning. I'm just glad I didn't start it (not really).

It will be a very pleasurable experience. Take KY.

• henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025

henapple said:

henapple said:

That's me in Salado..

Are you the one on the left or right?
    I've had three comments typed in and didn't post... I might have to cross the line though.

You're in the shiznit stirring mood today. Don't make me come down there and pimp slap you. Well,we have not had a good pissing match for a few weeks... I was getting ready to unload on someone just to get it started buy mcn beat me to it.

What a tool!

TWSS
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • travisstrick
    travisstrick Posts: 5,002
    What thread is it under? I wanna see too
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    edited May 2013
    What thread is it under? I wanna see too
    "I failed you all"

Enjoy kids.

EDIT: Little Steven won.
  • Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    henapple said:
    henapple said:
    henapple said:
    That's me in Salado..
    Are you the one on the left or right?
    I've had three comments typed in and didn't post... I might have to cross the line though. You're in the shiznit stirring mood today. Don't make me come down there and pimp slap you. Well,we have not had a good pissing match for a few weeks... I was getting ready to unload on someone just to get it started buy mcn beat me to it.
    What a tool!
    TWSS
    I had to look that up :\">

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    edited May 2013

I'm not going to knock the other forum and halfway understand why there is animosity. I read Gary's post over there and it seemed to be a sincere message of welcome. Brandon, don't forget that it was a doom and gloom post by WMK that he commented in. I didn't think Gary deserved the sh!tstorm he got and I let him know that. I don't know what history there is between you two but based on what I read it seems that the other forum got an aneurysm all about it. I have as many good friends over there as anyone and I won't denounce it. Anybody that knows me knows I enjoy a good cyberscrap as much as anyone but the sniping sucks. Especially for the people here that don't know about it.

That's your opinion, and cool.  I perceived it a bit differently.

Why would a sincere welcome be needed when every "original" forum member is aware of BGE's new forum?

Why would you compare both forums in that welcome? 

And why in WPB's post, which seemed to be reassuring after WMK commented on change, it was the appropriate time to do it?

I agree, it is not fair for the people on here that do not know the history.  I have said what I feel I needed to say, and moved on. 

Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• Little Steven

On your first point, I agree

I can't speak to who is aware of what

My take on the welcome was that he was explaining the way things work here not there.

I didn't understand what WPB was saying so I don't know who would

On your last point, I agree

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Yes! This is awesome. Can't believe I missed it. Now I gotta go log in over there and follow this $h*t storm from the beginning. I'm just glad I didn't start it (not really).

It will be a very pleasurable experience. Take KY.
    'Twas delightful.funny stuff.

Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • Little Steven
    Well, it was no Forum Drama Club but it was OK

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Well, it was no Forum Drama Club but it was OK
    I'm still hoping it will fully blow up. Still pretty tame but there is some serious heat simmering below the surface. If it goes in to the night and the bourbon starts flowing it could get awesome. As a wise old sage once said: "get your popcorn ready"

I'm on the sidelines for this one. I like everyone over there and wish them the best. Just don't like the format so I hang here. They probably wouldn't put up with my BS over there anyway.
  • Little Steven

Some don't like the fooling around. I know it doesn't happen much here but....

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• totally agree Travis
  • cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    edited May 2013
    +2 on format. Mickey actively posts on both boards and he still seems like a good guy. Some of the GE members just hate the thought of this site so much, they won't even give this board a chance. Which is a shame.

I made a post about my thoughts on the matter...we will see if I get called a bad name. Lol
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • tazcrash
    tazcrash Posts: 1,852
    HEY @cazzy, no need for you to travel to get called a bad name. ;)

Bx - > NJ ->TX!!! 
    All to get cheaper brisket! 
  • Little Steven
    tazcrash said:
    +1 Travis..... 
    There are definitely a couple people on the other forum I would love to read more about, and their cooks, but... their format reminds me of pre-AOL bulletin boards. 

There, I both dated, and geeked myself in 1 statement!

That was at the members insistence. Every time the techies offered up a new platform there was revolt. I kinda liked the classic view there because you could see who was talking to who.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• hornhonk
    hornhonk Posts: 3,841
    edited May 2013
    I, like Mickey, belong to both forums and enjoy both. I met some of you from this forum...Henapple, Vilage Idiot , NOLA, and a bunch more in Salado. Great people all. Hope to see a bunch more in Plano this November.
  • hornhonk
    hornhonk Posts: 3,841
    Darn, I can't spell Village.
  • Village Idiot
    Village Idiot Posts: 6,959
    edited May 2013

I kinda liked the classic view there because you could see who was talking to who.
    That is a major reason they like the format also, and they said that at the time of the split.  The downside of that is that they will only reply if "family" is involved in the thread.  

Here, I'll read the thread if I like the subject (or if Necessary Indulgence starts it)
    :x

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

• JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    im ready...... for a drink.
    I'll have a shot and one those tall boys, I don't see any one here that I can use the whipped cream on. =))

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • cazzy
    edited May 2013
    :x
    Have you washed your cheek yet?
  • tazcrash
    tazcrash said:
    +1 Travis..... 
    There are definitely a couple people on the other forum I would love to read more about, and their cooks, but... their format reminds me of pre-AOL bulletin boards. 

There, I both dated, and geeked myself in 1 statement!

That was at the members insistence. Every time the techies offered up a new platform there was revolt. I kinda liked the classic view there because you could see who was talking to who.
    very simple solutions to that @Little Steven  (kind of..... spaces in the instance STINK!) lol 
    Bx - > NJ ->TX!!! 
  • cazzy
    2 peeps already agreed with my post. They're probably going to ban m e for speaking the truth. Lol

I hope they listen cause my suggestions will help in the long run.
  • MrCookingNurse
    MrCookingNurse Posts: 4,665
    edited May 2013
    I've only followed links to the "other forum", hard to navigate and 95% of the time I'm on my iPhone and this one is a breeze.

Man we chased a rabbit on this one.

XLBGE 
  • tazcrash
    FINE!  make me agree with you here too!
    Bx - > NJ ->TX!!! 
  • JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678

me too!

Johns Creek, Georgia