Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Wish List

Options
So with my recent new career and sort of promotion the wife is giving me the go-ahead to purchase some stuff on my wish list for the Egg...

In peoples opinion is the High-Q a must have? Right now I have on my wish list a wok-spider, cast iron grate and maybe this...

Is there anything else thats price appropriate?
Large BGE

Comments

• Randy1
    Randy1 Posts: 379
    Options
    I think my large performs better with a high que. It is good "bang for buck" at aroud $40.
    Maumelle, Arkansas
  • r270ba
    r270ba Posts: 763
    Options
    Holy crap...I just figured out what a High Q was.  Definitely going to buy one of those today.

@eddiek76 I really want cast iron and a thermapen.  I think those would be 2 good ones to add to the list.  The  big one I am waiting for is the Adjustable Rig setup from the Ceramic Grill Store.

Anderson, SC
    XL BGE, Father's Day Gift 2012 (Thanks Fam!!!)
    Webber Kettle and Webber Summit Gasser
    Want List: Thermapen, Small BGE, Wok, Adjustable Rig, Food Saver, More $

• stranny00
    stranny00 Posts: 36
    edited May 2013
    Options
  • robnybbq
    robnybbq Posts: 1,911
    Options
    I love the spider and the cast iron grate to sear the steaks close to the fire.  I have a WOK as well but have never used it.  Want to but scared to as I don't have a clue. and don't want a raging fire on my wooden deck.

Garnerville, NY
  • EddieK76
    EddieK76 Posts: 416
    Options
    robnybbq said:
    I love the spider and the cast iron grate to sear the steaks close to the fire.  I have a WOK as well but have never used it.  Want to but scared to as I don't have a clue. and don't want a raging fire on my wooden deck.
    WIth my other Egg I had the Spider/Wok and used it all the time...No need to be scared :)
    Large BGE

• bbqlearner
    bbqlearner Posts: 760
    Options

For my large, I didn't have Hi-Q because I didn't think I would need it. I bought it just for my small. In my opinion, the spider/wok/CI grate set up is wonderful for steaks and grilling close to fire so would pick them over Hi-Q.

Houston, TX - Buddy LBGE, Don SBGE, Tiny Mini & Shiny Momma Pitts n Spitts