Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Leg of Lamb Chops

Dyal_SCDyal_SC Posts: 2,431

My wife and I love these.  We get them at our local Publix.  They are inexpensive, tender and deeeelicious!  :)  My father would never eat lamb, so I never had lamb growing up.  Neither did my wife.  We are now making up for lost time.  ;) 

The other day at work, my colleagues and I went to Zoe's Restaurant in downtown Columbia.  For those of you in the Columbia area, that's a great restaurant to visit at lunchtime.  They have excellent Greek food, and even more excellent Steak Roll Ups...  :D  Not sure if their Steak Roll Ups are actually Greek, but they are deeelicious!  :)  At the cash register, I spotted some of their Greek Seasoning for sale.  So I picked a bottle of it up.  We have used it a few times now.  It's delicious on burgers, veggies and lamb.  We used it on our Leg of Lamb Chops and Squash tonight.

Since the Zoe's Greek Seasoning is a bit "leafy", I made sure to not grill the Chops at too high of a temp.  I had the BGE at around a 375 deg f temp the whole time.  They only took a few minutes to cook up.

Served up with my wife's oven roasted Squash, as well as her Cheesy Risotto.  Everything was awesome together!  :)

·

Comments

• caneggercanegger Posts: 537
    That looks delicious
    ·
  • ChubbsChubbs Posts: 5,288
    Looks great, Dyal. I work in the building that has Zoe's in the lobby. 
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
    ·
  • Dyal_SCDyal_SC Posts: 2,431
    Chubbs said:

Looks great, Dyal. I work in the building that has Zoe's in the lobby. 

Sweet! We gotta meet for lunch sometime. My office is off of Bull Street.

·
  • beercuerbeercuer Posts: 5
    Not a baad idea, Chef Dyal... In fact, I am quite inspired. Marvelous cooking and looks quite deelicious indeed!
    ·
    Baaahahaha! Never get tired of puns, BC! LOL. Thx for the compliment. :D
    ·
  • LTAFlynEggLTAFlynEgg Posts: 84
    I haven't cooked Lamb because I have never eaten it... No idea what a good lamb cook should taste like, so have been gun shy to try? Have several ideas from books I have, and would like to try? Does it taste like beef?
    ·
  • beercuerbeercuer Posts: 5
    Dyal_SC said:
    Baaahahaha! Never get tired of puns, BC! LOL. Thx for the compliment. :D
    Oh so witty, witty, witty, Dyal! Great comebaack!
    ·
  • jfm0830jfm0830 Posts: 968
    Dyal:
    Look at you making lamb all the time now. You cooked those perfectly too from the looks of it. I need to get my butt in gear, I haven't done much in the lamb department since moving to the Egg. If these delicious looking chops don't inspire me nothing will.

Your office is on Bull Street!!!??? You know I love you man, but knowing you as I do, that has me ROTFL =)) for at least two reasons.
    3 LBGE & More Eggcessories than I care to think about.
    ·
  • Egghead_DaronEgghead_Daron Posts: 820
    The lamb looks great. I grew up on lamb but have yet to Egg any. I am itching for a low and slow leg cook soon.
    LBGE 2013, SBGE 2014, Mini 2015
    Columbus IN
    ·
  • EddieK76EddieK76 Posts: 415
    Man, I wish my family would venture out.   Everything that my wife doesn't like is because of her experiences as a child or peoples negative connotations towards it when she was growing up.  Can't fix her but I can fix my oldest son who's getting into that habit as well.

@dyal_sc the lamb looks amazing!
    ·
  • SmokeyPittSmokeyPitt Posts: 6,591
    Beautiful!  I love lamb...but it is a solo cook for me.  The wife and kids are not fans.  

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

·
  • GriffinGriffin Posts: 6,926
    We don't eat much (if any lamb), so I don't know how that would taste, but it sure looks good Dying_2BA_Texan.

Richardson, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

·
  • Fred19FlintstoneFred19Flintstone Posts: 5,453
    I knew this would happen. Now I got a bad hankering for lamb!

........................................................................................

Flint, Michigan.  Named the most dangerous city in America by the F.B.I. three years running.

We invented the U.A.W. and carjacking!

·
  • R2Egg2QR2Egg2Q Posts: 1,652
    That look's great! I love lamb and that just got moved up the list.
    XL, Large, Small, Mini Eggs
    Bay Area, CA
    ·
    Thx guys! @jfm0830, are you referring to the old mental institution? That's off of Farrow Road now. :)
    ·
  • bbqlearnerbbqlearner Posts: 736

Looks awesome. Will need to try sometime.

Houston, TX - Buddy LBGE, Don SBGE, Tiny Mini & Shiny Momma Pitts n Spitts

·