Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Hell of deal on Lump

Options
EggHeadinFlorida
EggHeadinFlorida Posts: 892
edited May 2013 in EggHead Forum
Saw that my local True Value Hardware has Cowboy Lump on sale for $8.99 for 20lb bag. Took the advertisement to Lowes and not only did they price match it, they gave me an additional 10% off, plus I used my Lowes card and got another 5%!! (6) 20lb bags cost me about $46.00.
XL bge, Mini max & 36 BS Griddle.

Comments

• SamMiller0
    SamMiller0 Posts: 38
    Options
    that's a really good deal but I'm not a fan on Cowboy. Last bag I got from Ace had too much dust and a lot of small pieces. Could have been a bottom of the pallet bag I suppose, but it also seems to spark more than Royal Oak or Ozark Oak.

Menards had a sale around me last weekend: 10 pound bag of Royal Oak for $5.50. I'm not sure if this is different from the red bag that Wally World sells around here, it seems like the same stuff to me.
    Rochester, MN  --- Large BGE
  • EggHeadinFlorida
    Options
    I've actually had really good luck with the cowboy brand. I understand everyone has their preferences as to what manufacturer they like to use But so far I have had no issues.
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options
    That is a pretty sweet deal!  

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• U_tarded
    U_tarded Posts: 2,042
    Options
    I would buy it at that price but I'm cheap especially with things that I intentionally burn. Have had good luck with cowboy as well used it for the last 2 winters as its readily available here year round. I do flip all my bags over if it sounds like its raining I put it back.
  • Richard Fl
    Richard Fl Posts: 8,297
    Options

Great deal.  Can not find a coupon here in Melboooring Fl. even on the internet.   Where are you?  Loew's also has 10% off for  veterans

• Bayarad
    Bayarad Posts: 313
    Options
    I found Royal Oak 8.8 lb green/gold bags for $4.89/bag with $2.00 rebate on first four bags at Menards! Great Deal!
  • Bayarad
    Bayarad Posts: 313
    Options
    The rebate is per bag so essentially 35.2 lbs for under $12.00 total!
  • EggHeadinFlorida
    Options
    I went to true value and asked for their sales flier. Once I had that I drove to lowes and showed them the flier. You can show lowes the ad on your smart phone or print the ad from true values website.

Great deal.  Can not find a coupon here in Melboooring Fl. even on the internet.   Where are you?  Loew's also has 10% off for  veterans

• CAT Seller
    CAT Seller Posts: 208
    Options
    Resturant Depot, Royal Oak, 17.8 lb bags (made in USA), $8.99 bag the entire month of May
    If it ain't a CAT, it's a dog!!! 2 LBGE's & BGE Backyard Chef Edition Cart
  • CAT Seller
    CAT Seller Posts: 208
    Options
    This is what 320 lbs looks like....
    If it ain't a CAT, it's a dog!!! 2 LBGE's & BGE Backyard Chef Edition Cart