Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Ceramic Grill Store Customer Service

Chubbs
Chubbs Posts: 6,929
edited May 2013 in EggHead Forum
@Tjv, you did it again brother. Ordered mini woo Friday at 3 pm. Received email Friday at 5 that it shipped. Here Tuesday AM. Great customer service and made very well in US. Hope to break it in tonight if I don't have to work 19 hours like yesterday. Thanks Tom!! Love your products.
Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013

Comments

• yellowdogbbq
    yellowdogbbq Posts: 389
    Everything the CGS makes is great, got a Woo for my large for Christmas and love it.  Great for raised direct and makes it easy to lift out the platesetter when adding chunks for smoking.  Hard to beat my old spider also. 
  • YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Yesterday I placed an order for the XL woo2/adjustable rig combo.  Can't wait to get it in.  Tom was courteous and helpful over the phone.  Excellent transaction.
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• RAC
    RAC Posts: 1,688
    Great guy! Great service! Great company!

Ricky

Boerne, TX

• EvansEgger
    EvansEgger Posts: 54
    Great company. I love my Adj rib combo with extender and other toys I got from Tom. I always refer people to them who have Eggs.
    Go Hogs Go
  • CANMAN1976
    CANMAN1976 Posts: 1,593
    Just ordered adj rig r&b combo with ext and d-grid plus spider and stone....so exciting!!!!
    Tom was great to deal with:)
    Hows ya gettin' on, me ol ****

Kippens.Newfoundland and Labrador. (Canada).
  • Last summer Tom allowed me to come see all his stuff to help make my purchase decision. Drove up to Denton TX and took the tour of all his stuff. Left behind some money, but also had AR rib/brisket combo in my hands :-). Haven't used a plate setter since.
  • tazcrash
    tazcrash Posts: 1,852
    edited May 2013
    My only regret in dealing with Tom is that I don't need another addition to the Large egg. That is until I put in the small. :D

Bx - > NJ ->TX!!! 
    All to get cheaper brisket! 
  • smbrj
    smbrj Posts: 1
    FedEx just dropped off my lg R&B combo today.  Hope to break it in with a brisket later this week. 
  • chrisnjenn
    chrisnjenn Posts: 534
    edited May 2013
    I love my adjustable rig among a lot of other thing I bought from Tom. Great people. Adjustable rig is very versatile. Plus it is easy to take care of. It doesn't rust.
  • YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Got the tracking number today. Start the countdown!
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Tom is one of the very good guys.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• cookinfun
    cookinfun Posts: 129
    Bought my adj. rig, extender, xtra grates, oval setups, woo, etc from CGW.  Tom was always conscious of my desires, steered me, and actually "slowed" the purchases ...he advised "one step at a time".  I am very appreciative...  Not an advertisement.
    (2) LBGEs,  WSM, Vidalia Grill (gasser), Tailgater Grill (gasser)
  • tjv
    tjv Posts: 3,830
    Wow, I appreciate all the kind responses....nice way to start a Wednesday morning...thank you.

Tom 
    www.ceramicgrillstore.com ACGP, Inc.
  • Austin  Egghead
    Austin Egghead Posts: 3,966
    Good egger and a great businessman
    Large, small and mini now Egging in Rowlett Tx
  • MisterM
    MisterM Posts: 17
    edited May 2013
    Agreed. I bought a Customer Combo AR a few weeks ago, and was extremely impressed with the quality and versatility of the product - so much so that I just placed another order for a rig extender, sliding D grid, and a few other things.

Top notch products from a top notch company, run by a top notch guy.
    Large Big Green Egg w/ AR & Spider
    Smokin' butts and taking names.
  • wish I would have a similar experience but its been 7 days since I placed my order for the 2 tiered rack and other than the email I received the same day acknowledging my order, I haven't had the slightest bit of correspondence. I just left a voicemail for a guy named Franco, but late on a Friday afternoon and I'd guess I won't hear anything until next week.  Ughh..would have thought a week would have been plenty of time for shipping based on previous forum comments..guess the universe is working against me this week..

• DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    cam05210 said:

wish I would have a similar experience but its been 7 days since I placed my order for the 2 tiered rack and other than the email I received the same day acknowledging my order, I haven't had the slightest bit of correspondence. I just left a voicemail for a guy named Franco, but late on a Friday afternoon and I'd guess I won't hear anything until next week.  Ughh..would have thought a week would have been plenty of time for shipping based on previous forum comments..guess the universe is working against me this week..

@cam05210 - The 2 tier swing rack is from Ceramic Grill Works, not Ceramic Grill Store. 2 different places.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Agree. Received my MM WOO quickly (maybe a 2 -3 day turnaround). Quality built product.
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • jcaspary
    jcaspary Posts: 1,479
    The Woo for my Lg. and the AR for my XL were the best things that I have purchased since I got the Eggs.   Very versatile and easy to use.  Very good company to deal with.
    XL BGE, LG BGE, and a hunger to grill everything in sight!!!
    Joe- Strongsville, OH
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Truly outstanding service and product from CERAMIC GRILL STORE. That is the Tom we talk about in Denton, TX. Also an Egghead. @cam05210 you might want to relook that buy, Tom has the Adjustable Rigs. I have two of these and a couple of Woo's for the MM and Mini.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Chubbs
    Chubbs Posts: 6,929
    @cam05210 you are talking about a different store. Tom is ceramicgrillstore Franco is ceramicgrillworks. I only have experience with @tjv and CGS and he is second to none.
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • Hotch
    Hotch Posts: 3,564

@cam05210  Mickey's and the guys correct. Tom and his staff are the best.

Before the store, a couple of years ago, I had a few questions about the AR and Woo so I called Tom. First time I ever spoke with him. I got an invite to come over to the house and he explained all of the setups.  He took the time out of his day and went through all of them. That's why if I need something I call him first.

Can't find any better products than at the CGS. Great people and great service. 

Large BGE, MiniMAX BGE, 2 Mini BGE's, R&V Fryer, 36" Blackstone Griddle, Camp Chef Dual Burner 40K BTU Stove
    BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • texaswig
    texaswig Posts: 2,682
    I went to the store September 13 for my woo2 AR setup. I need to go back and check it out now that he has more retail.

2-XLs ,MM,blackstone,Ooni koda 16,R&V works 8.5 gallon fryer,express smoker and 40" smoking cajun 

scott 
    Greenville Tx
  • bluebird66
    bluebird66 Posts: 2,726
    I love my AR R&B combo!
    Large Egg with adjustable rig, Kick Ash Basket, Minimax and various Weber's.
    Floyd Va

• Ahhh...still disappointing nonetheless..thanks for the clarification. 
  • I've placed 3 orders with them the past year. Every time I've gotten my order in two days. Even the time they had to call me cuz I was a dumbass and clicked the store pickup option. Awesome service.

Little Rock, AR

• stompbox
    stompbox Posts: 729
    I got the AR Combo for xmas, love it. Shortly after though I started to see posts about an AR rib and bbq combo.

I still can't find it in the store, do they not have that combo for the XL? Id that why I don't see it?

What is the difference?

I actually have not even used the woo or the stone yet since I have a PS which protects probe wires from direct heat. But I use the AR probably once a week.
  • Jeepster47
    Jeepster47 Posts: 3,827
    Just spent most of the afternoon surfing CGS's site.  I also didn't see a R&B combo for the XL.

The only oval stone I see is for the large egg.  I think Tom did that as a way of protecting a side of ribs (17' long) for an indirect cook.  The round stone for the XL is 17.5 inches in diameter ... enough to protect a side of ribs.  Thus, not only can't I find a R&B combo for the XL, but don't even see the components to build one.

BTW ... Tom's great to talk to, but his wife is even better. 

Washington, IL  >  Queen Creek, AZ ... Two large eggs and an adopted Mini Max

• SkinnyV
    SkinnyV Posts: 3,404
    edited February 2015
    I've been a pretty good CGS customer for my 3 eggs.
    I must say I saw the MM woo for $40 I thought what a steal. Shipping was $15..... Is that the "real" shipping. Just charge more for the item.

I'm happy yes, that order was a bit surprising for me that is all.

In the end its + or - $5, I'd rather see a higher priced item that is all.

Ok all that may think CGS can do.no wrong....im ready X_X
    Seattle, WA
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414

Just spent most of the afternoon surfing CGS's site.  I also didn't see a R&B combo for the XL.

The only oval stone I see is for the large egg.  I think Tom did that as a way of protecting a side of ribs (17' long) for an indirect cook.  The round stone for the XL is 17.5 inches in diameter ... enough to protect a side of ribs.  Thus, not only can't I find a R&B combo for the XL, but don't even see the components to build one.

BTW ... Tom's great to talk to, but his wife is even better. 

Doesn't that go for most of us?