Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Ceramic Grill Store Customer Service

ChubbsChubbs Posts: 5,450
edited May 2013 in EggHead Forum
@Tjv, you did it again brother. Ordered mini woo Friday at 3 pm. Received email Friday at 5 that it shipped. Here Tuesday AM. Great customer service and made very well in US. Hope to break it in tonight if I don't have to work 19 hours like yesterday. Thanks Tom!! Love your products.
Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
·

Comments

• yellowdogbbqyellowdogbbq Posts: 374
    Everything the CGS makes is great, got a Woo for my large for Christmas and love it.  Great for raised direct and makes it easy to lift out the platesetter when adding chunks for smoking.  Hard to beat my old spider also. 
    ·
  • YEMTreyYEMTrey Posts: 2,520
    Yesterday I placed an order for the XL woo2/adjustable rig combo.  Can't wait to get it in.  Tom was courteous and helpful over the phone.  Excellent transaction.
    XL and a Mini Max Egg in Cincinnati, Ohio
    ·
  • RACRAC Posts: 1,495
    Great guy! Great service! Great company!

Ricky

Spring, TX

·
  • EvansEggerEvansEgger Posts: 54
    Great company. I love my Adj rib combo with extender and other toys I got from Tom. I always refer people to them who have Eggs.
    Go Hogs Go
    ·
  • CANMAN1976CANMAN1976 Posts: 1,561
    Just ordered adj rig r&b combo with ext and d-grid plus spider and stone....so exciting!!!!
    Tom was great to deal with:)
    Hows ya gettin' on, me ol ****

Kippens.Newfoundland and Labrador. (Canada).
    ·
  • Last summer Tom allowed me to come see all his stuff to help make my purchase decision. Drove up to Denton TX and took the tour of all his stuff. Left behind some money, but also had AR rib/brisket combo in my hands :-). Haven't used a plate setter since.
    ·
  • tazcrashtazcrash Posts: 1,851
    edited May 2013
    My only regret in dealing with Tom is that I don't need another addition to the Large egg. That is until I put in the small. :D

Bx - > NJ ->TX!!! 
    All to get cheaper brisket! 
    ·
  • smbrjsmbrj Posts: 1
    FedEx just dropped off my lg R&B combo today.  Hope to break it in with a brisket later this week. 
    ·
  • chrisnjennchrisnjenn Posts: 534
    edited May 2013
    I love my adjustable rig among a lot of other thing I bought from Tom. Great people. Adjustable rig is very versatile. Plus it is easy to take care of. It doesn't rust.
    ·
  • YEMTreyYEMTrey Posts: 2,520
    Got the tracking number today. Start the countdown!
    XL and a Mini Max Egg in Cincinnati, Ohio
    ·
  • MickeyMickey Posts: 16,468
    Tom is one of the very good guys.
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

·
  • cookinfuncookinfun Posts: 129
    Bought my adj. rig, extender, xtra grates, oval setups, woo, etc from CGW.  Tom was always conscious of my desires, steered me, and actually "slowed" the purchases ...he advised "one step at a time".  I am very appreciative...  Not an advertisement.
    (2) LBGEs,  WSM, Vidalia Grill (gasser), Tailgater Grill (gasser)
    ·
  • tjvtjv Posts: 3,331
    Wow, I appreciate all the kind responses....nice way to start a Wednesday morning...thank you.

Tom 
    www.ceramicgrillstore.com ACGP, Inc.
    ·
  • Austin  EggheadAustin Egghead Posts: 3,343
    Good egger and a great businessman
    Eggin in SW "Keep it Weird" TX
    ·
  • MisterMMisterM Posts: 17
    edited May 2013
    Agreed. I bought a Customer Combo AR a few weeks ago, and was extremely impressed with the quality and versatility of the product - so much so that I just placed another order for a rig extender, sliding D grid, and a few other things.

Top notch products from a top notch company, run by a top notch guy.
    Large Big Green Egg w/ AR & Spider
    Smokin' butts and taking names.
    ·
  • cam05210cam05210 Posts: 62

wish I would have a similar experience but its been 7 days since I placed my order for the 2 tiered rack and other than the email I received the same day acknowledging my order, I haven't had the slightest bit of correspondence. I just left a voicemail for a guy named Franco, but late on a Friday afternoon and I'd guess I won't hear anything until next week.  Ughh..would have thought a week would have been plenty of time for shipping based on previous forum comments..guess the universe is working against me this week..

·
  • DMWDMW Posts: 7,090
    cam05210 said:

wish I would have a similar experience but its been 7 days since I placed my order for the 2 tiered rack and other than the email I received the same day acknowledging my order, I haven't had the slightest bit of correspondence. I just left a voicemail for a guy named Franco, but late on a Friday afternoon and I'd guess I won't hear anything until next week.  Ughh..would have thought a week would have been plenty of time for shipping based on previous forum comments..guess the universe is working against me this week..

@cam05210 - The 2 tier swing rack is from Ceramic Grill Works, not Ceramic Grill Store. 2 different places.
    My Facebook Place where I document my cooking
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - Hasty Bake Legacy - Black Stone Pizza Oven - Gasser - 30" Firepit w/SS Cooking Grid
    ·
  • NPHuskerFLNPHuskerFL Posts: 11,192
    Agree. Received my MM WOO quickly (maybe a 2 -3 day turnaround). Quality built product.
    LBGE 2012, Mini MAX 2014, SS Table and Stoker
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Middleburg, FL
    ·
  • jcasparyjcaspary Posts: 1,477
    The Woo for my Lg. and the AR for my XL were the best things that I have purchased since I got the Eggs.   Very versatile and easy to use.  Very good company to deal with.
    XL BGE, LG BGE, and a hunger to grill everything in sight!!!
    Joe- Strongsville, OH
    ·
  • MickeyMickey Posts: 16,468
    Truly outstanding service and product from CERAMIC GRILL STORE. That is the Tom we talk about in Denton, TX. Also an Egghead. @cam05210 you might want to relook that buy, Tom has the Adjustable Rigs. I have two of these and a couple of Woo's for the MM and Mini.
    image.jpg 1.2M
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

·
  • ChubbsChubbs Posts: 5,450
    @cam05210 you are talking about a different store. Tom is ceramicgrillstore Franco is ceramicgrillworks. I only have experience with @tjv and CGS and he is second to none.
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
    ·
  • HotchHotch Posts: 1,477

@cam05210  Mickey's and the guys correct. Tom and his staff are the best.

Before the store, a couple of years ago, I had a few questions about the AR and Woo so I called Tom. First time I ever spoke with him. I got an invite to come over to the house and he explained all of the setups.  He took the time out of his day and went through all of them. That's why if I need something I call him first.

Can't find any better products than at the CGS. Great people and great service. 

"You’re not a real Texan till you’ve been kicked out of every decent state in America." - Joe Bob Briggs

LBGE, Mini BGE and R&V Fryer

Prosper TX

And your are correct, Texas Red has no Beans

·
  • texaswigtexaswig Posts: 921
    I went to the store September 13 for my woo2 AR setup. I need to go back and check it out now that he has more retail.
    Scott
    Greenville ,Tx

Xl bge with woo2 and ajustable rack
    ·
  • bluebird66bluebird66 Posts: 583
    I love my AR R&B combo!
    Large Egg with adjustable rig and various Weber's
    Floyd Va
    ·
  • cam05210cam05210 Posts: 62
    Ahhh...still disappointing nonetheless..thanks for the clarification. 
    ·
  • I've placed 3 orders with them the past year. Every time I've gotten my order in two days. Even the time they had to call me cuz I was a dumbass and clicked the store pickup option. Awesome service.

Little Rock, AR

·
  • stompboxstompbox Posts: 175
    I got the AR Combo for xmas, love it. Shortly after though I started to see posts about an AR rib and bbq combo.

I still can't find it in the store, do they not have that combo for the XL? Id that why I don't see it?

What is the difference?

I actually have not even used the woo or the stone yet since I have a PS which protects probe wires from direct heat. But I use the AR probably once a week.
    ·
  • Jeepster47Jeepster47 Posts: 2,134
    Just spent most of the afternoon surfing CGS's site.  I also didn't see a R&B combo for the XL.

The only oval stone I see is for the large egg.  I think Tom did that as a way of protecting a side of ribs (17' long) for an indirect cook.  The round stone for the XL is 17.5 inches in diameter ... enough to protect a side of ribs.  Thus, not only can't I find a R&B combo for the XL, but don't even see the components to build one.

BTW ... Tom's great to talk to, but his wife is even better. 

·
  • SkinnyVSkinnyV Posts: 2,705
    edited February 7
    I've been a pretty good CGS customer for my 3 eggs.
    I must say I saw the MM woo for $40 I thought what a steal. Shipping was $15..... Is that the "real" shipping. Just charge more for the item.

I'm happy yes, that order was a bit surprising for me that is all.

In the end its + or - $5, I'd rather see a higher priced item that is all.

Ok all that may think CGS can do.no wrong....im ready X_X
    Seattle, WA
    ·
  • EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 11,408

Just spent most of the afternoon surfing CGS's site.  I also didn't see a R&B combo for the XL.

The only oval stone I see is for the large egg.  I think Tom did that as a way of protecting a side of ribs (17' long) for an indirect cook.  The round stone for the XL is 17.5 inches in diameter ... enough to protect a side of ribs.  Thus, not only can't I find a R&B combo for the XL, but don't even see the components to build one.

BTW ... Tom's great to talk to, but his wife is even better. 

Doesn't that go for most of us?
    ·