Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Quality Issue with XL Tiered Rack?

Options
claybrn
claybrn Posts: 31
edited May 2013 in EggHead Forum
We were elected to host my wife's family for Mothers Day festivities...primarily so the menu could be "egg-driven".  On Saturday, when we got a final headcount, I realized that I wasn't going to have enough space on my XL to get everything done in time.  I remembered my local dealer had a few of the BGE tiered racks in stock...it wasn't my first preference (I would have rather had something from CGI), but I was going to have to make due.

The tiered rack saved the day; however, I noticed that the porcelain coated grid got all messed up from my grid lifter.  I've never had that issue with my half moon.  I wasn't sure if this was a "quality" issue with the product, or I'm just being way too concerned (which wouldn't be the first time, as my wife would attest).

Thoughts?

Comments