Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s that time of year again-time to hop on out to your backyard for an EGG hunt. If you’re lucky, you’ll only have to search as far as your patio! Planning on cooking Easter Sunday? Check out our Easter Menu. If you’re looking for a sweet treat to enjoy with the whole family, try at least one of our sweet treats, if not both: Grilled Peeps & Carrot Cupcakes. Lastly, if you’re having company, our Pinterest page has lots of ideas for entertaining. We hope you have an EGGstra tasty holiday!

The Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new location and check out the museum! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Quality Issue with XL Tiered Rack?

claybrnclaybrn Posts: 31
edited May 2013 in EggHead Forum
We were elected to host my wife's family for Mothers Day festivities...primarily so the menu could be "egg-driven".  On Saturday, when we got a final headcount, I realized that I wasn't going to have enough space on my XL to get everything done in time.  I remembered my local dealer had a few of the BGE tiered racks in stock...it wasn't my first preference (I would have rather had something from CGI), but I was going to have to make due.

The tiered rack saved the day; however, I noticed that the porcelain coated grid got all messed up from my grid lifter.  I've never had that issue with my half moon.  I wasn't sure if this was a "quality" issue with the product, or I'm just being way too concerned (which wouldn't be the first time, as my wife would attest).

Thoughts?
·

Comments

• Charlie tunaCharlie tuna Posts: 2,191
    Was the lift a BGE product?
    ·
  • claybrnclaybrn Posts: 31
    @Charlie - The grid lifter was the one I received with my Egg & the tiered rack was also a BGE product.

·
  • Charlie tunaCharlie tuna Posts: 2,191
    Then i would think BGE needs to fix the problem --  food and porcelain pieces could be a problem?  All the porcelain coated grids i have ever had over the years never chipped or broke.
    ·