Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Hop on down to your nearest EGG dealer this week to pick up some Easter EGGcessories! Here are a few that may be useful for Easter, the V-rack, electric charcoal lighter and flexible skewers! Now that Spring is in the air, it's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Salmon

Much like @Jamieoro's post about Mother's Day Salmon, also cooked two large 2 lb salmon filets this weekend.  One with Dizzy Pigs Raging River, one with a dill/adler smoked salt mixture.  Cooked each filet at 500F (dome temp) for between 5-8 minutes, pulled from BGE and let it rest.  Perfectly done, any type of pink is not an option unless it is wrapped around seaweed.  

Pics and dill/salt rub follows.  

Smoked Dill Salt Rub

2 TBSP of dried dill leaves
1 TBSP of adler smoked salt (purchased at Christmastime, still have over half left; it is my go to spice for fish, with Raging River as a close second)

Grind both spices together in a mortar/pestle.  Liberally coat the filet (skin on or off, no never mind) with grapeseed oil as EVOO can be strong, grapeseed does the job at a high smoke point with little to no flavor.  Lightly apply the rub.  This is not a blackened fish as there is really no heat and the smoked salt can be overpowering (first time I used way too much and had to eat the whole filet myself, family wouldn't eat it).

Ate the Raging River day of, packaged the Smoked Salt Filet in a foodsaver bag.  Refrigerate for up to three days; drop the cold filet (still in the bag) in a large pot of boiling water for 3 minutes, open and serve.  

Bon appetit!

Comments