Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
April showers bring...National BBQ Month! Are you ready for a month full of briskets, pulled pork and chicken wings? We hope so, because it’s almost here! Keep an eye out for some of our favorite BBQ recipes we’ll be sharing with you throughout the month of May.

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Thanks Aaron Franklin and Griffin!

I did the Franklin method (only saly & pepper). I must say, I don't think I will do it another way again. Great flavor, juicy and smoked well. I used pecan and mesquite for smoke. Cooked at 250 until it hit 190 To FTC. Special thanks to Griffin for the push to do this.
Green Eggin' in Lafayette, Louisiana
image.jpg 850.4K
image.jpg 1.1M
image.jpg 861.4K
image.jpg 838.8K
·

Comments

• GQuizGQuiz Posts: 680
    I did the same 2 weeks ago. I've seen the light. I used hickory. It was divine.

XL BGE; Schertz TX by way of Stow OH. #egghead4life
    ·
  • Plano_JJPlano_JJ Posts: 448
    Looks righteous. Did you use the 16 mesh black pepper or just regular coarse ground? My next one will be done this way.
    ·
  • rabdoggrabdogg Posts: 42
    I used my spice grinder to grind whole peppercorns until they looked right. Some fine ground, some halves.
    ·
  • Charlie tunaCharlie tuna Posts: 2,191
    After a  l-o-n-g  photo study, this is a must for me this week !!  Very nice. 
    ·
  • GriffinGriffin Posts: 6,768
    KISS seems to work for me. :)

Richardson, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

·
  • SocalcajudoSocalcajudo Posts: 132
    Did the same this weekend and I agree great turn out. Will probably do all the other brisketstandard the same way.
    ·
  • ohiolionohiolion Posts: 28

Will be conducting a seach next, but....

What is the ratio of salt to pepper that you guys are using?

·
  • ohiolionohiolion Posts: 28

Google search says 50/50 if anyone else is looking for the answer.

·
  • Firemedic183Firemedic183 Posts: 171
    rabdogg said:
    I did the Franklin method (only saly & pepper). I must say, I don't think I will do it another way again. Great flavor, juicy and smoked well. I used pecan and mesquite for smoke. Cooked at 250 until it hit 190 To FTC. Special thanks to Griffin for the push to do this.

A couple of questions.. 1. What cut was this brisket? 2. How long did you FTC? 3. Did you inject the brisket with anything? I am thinking that I will use this method for my first brisket cook.
    Persistence and determination are omnipotent!
    ·
  • Dyal_SCDyal_SC Posts: 2,245

Looks terrific!  I'll be in the Austin area this weekend.  Looking forward to paying Mr. Franklin another visit if I get the chance.  ;)

2014 Co-Wing King
    ·
  • rabdoggrabdogg Posts: 42
    1. it was a 6 lb packer. 2. FTC'd for approx 1 hour. 3. No injection

Best brisket I've done...and I've gone through about 30.
    ·