Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope you had a hoppy Easter and are ready to spring into warm weather cooking mode! There’s nothing better than spending time outdoors with the sweet aroma of fresh cooked Ribs. Baseball season is also underway, so it's the perfect time to try out some chicken wing variations! We have Jamaican Jerk, Lemon Pepper, Fired-Up Wings and even a Whiskey Onion and Chicken Steak if wings aren't your thing. Bon appetit!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

4 pounds of chorizo made and ready for Georgia

We made 4 pounds but changed our recipe a little....added a Mickey twist.  Other half says it is very good.  We will see how it is received  in Georgia.  Packing my banjo and almost ready to leave.  
Eggin in SW "Keep it Weird" TX
·

Comments

• Village IdiotVillage Idiot Posts: 6,951
    They're gonna love your chorizo.  Drive safe and don't let just anybody share your tent !   :)

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

·
  • egretegret Posts: 4,028
    Sounds wonderful, Joan........be safe, see you in the mountains! :\">
    ·
  • MickeyMickey Posts: 16,113
    Have a safe trip and say hello to Mr & Mrs Chicken. Mickey twist?
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

·
  • dweebs0rdweebs0r Posts: 502
    I love chorizo.  Even though its not Egg specific, can you post your recipe some time?
    -Jody Newell (LBGE & a mini BGE!)
    ·
  • NecessaryIndulgNecessaryIndulg Posts: 1,098
    Safe travels!  I can't wait for pictures and updates!
    I'm Kristi ~ Live in FL ~ BGE since 2003.
    I write about food & travel on Necessary Indulgences -
    You can find me on Facebook & Instagram, too! 
    ·
  • Richard FlRichard Fl Posts: 7,802
    Safe travels!  I can't wait for pictures and updates!

Kristi- Trying to contact you for delivery of seasons from Sunshine Fest! woodmonkey@cfl.rr.com
    ·
  • henapplehenapple Posts: 13,811
    Have fun... Pics please from the fest.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
    ·
  • Austin  EggheadAustin Egghead Posts: 3,308
    Thanks everyone. VI will always shere my tent with you and Pam.
    Thinking about doing chorizo nachos ..... Now that is different.
    @Mickey added a little expresso to the paste. Really makes the pepper flavor pop!
    Just got home from work. Will probably spent rest of night packing egg stuff.
    Will post pictures
    ·
  • egger aveegger ave Posts: 580
    edited May 2013
    @AustinEgghead Let's compare Chorizo recipes at Salado next year. Would love to swap a pound or two. Any egghead is welcome to join the First Annual Chorizo Swap and Tasting. I am going to try adding Espresso to my next batch. @Mickey thanks for the idea. Thanks
    1 Large BGE, 1 Mini BGE, 1 Minimax BGE, Original wife and 4 dogs living in the heart of BBQ country in Round Rock Texas. "Friends don't let friends cook with propane"
    ·
  • Austin  EggheadAustin Egghead Posts: 3,308
    @dweebsOr  I will post the recipe later tonight or tomorrow...stay tuned
    ·