Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s almost football season, so we’re perfecting our favorite tailgating and homegating recipes! Whether you like hamburgers, wings, brats, ribs or something cooked with beer, we have everything you’ll need for the perfect tailgate party. We always like inviting friends to join our tailgates because the EGG is about community and having fun, so make sure if you’re inviting company you make extra - the food will be gone before you know it! Don't forget dessert, either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Full XL Grilled lobster feast

BjorgBjorg Posts: 237
For mothers day, we cooked some 2 pounder lobsters. Boiled 5 min, then icebath, chopped in half and cracked opened the claws. Put on the BGE at elevated grill @ 400 5 min shell down coating with lemon grilled garlic parmegiano Italian parsley hot butter mix every 1-2 min, then flesh side down for 3-4 min. My mother in law who normally eats like a bird ate more than myself! The subtle taste of charcoal on lobster is a match made in heaven (no additional wood for smoke) and it was still plenty juicy and cooked throughout because it was boiled. 

Here they are

Quebec - Canada

Comments

• TjcoleyTjcoley Posts: 3,422
    Wow! That looks amazing. Very nice cook
    2 more lobster would forever settle the debate  of LBGE vs. XLBGE.   Looks amazing!!!
  • chris123stockchris123stock Posts: 664
    that is incredible,  awsome job. 
    ^:)^
  • Fred19FlintstoneFred19Flintstone Posts: 5,645
    Nice lookin' bugs!

........................................................................................

Flint, Michigan.  Named the most dangerous city in America by the F.B.I. three years running.

We invented the U.A.W. and carjacking!

• BjorgBjorg Posts: 237
    Thanks. This was the best meal I had in a long time. 

He he yeah this was a rare instance where I didn't use the lump reducing ring as I had to use the full grid. 
    Quebec - Canada