Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Full XL Grilled lobster feast

BjorgBjorg Posts: 239
For mothers day, we cooked some 2 pounder lobsters. Boiled 5 min, then icebath, chopped in half and cracked opened the claws. Put on the BGE at elevated grill @ 400 5 min shell down coating with lemon grilled garlic parmegiano Italian parsley hot butter mix every 1-2 min, then flesh side down for 3-4 min. My mother in law who normally eats like a bird ate more than myself! The subtle taste of charcoal on lobster is a match made in heaven (no additional wood for smoke) and it was still plenty juicy and cooked throughout because it was boiled. 

Here they are

Quebec - Canada

• TjcoleyTjcoley Posts: 3,507
    Wow! That looks amazing. Very nice cook
    It's not a science, it's an art. And it's flawed.
    - Camp Hill, PA
  • CowdogsCowdogs Posts: 491
    2 more lobster would forever settle the debate  of LBGE vs. XLBGE.   Looks amazing!!!
  • chris123stockchris123stock Posts: 664
    that is incredible,  awsome job. 
  • Fred19FlintstoneFred19Flintstone Posts: 6,628
    Nice lookin' bugs!

• BjorgBjorg Posts: 239
    Thanks. This was the best meal I had in a long time. 

He he yeah this was a rare instance where I didn't use the lump reducing ring as I had to use the full grid. 
    Quebec - Canada