Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Turbo brisket?

2»

Comments

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,318
    @LS-I am approaching this with the knowledge that anyone with 20K+ posts merits something :)   Therefore I applaud your decision to go digital-just make sure the decimal place accuracy is sufficient for your requirements.  I'm sure the initial assessment will be more than worth the read :)>-
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.

• Nice, Mine didn't fare so well

Bummer what happened?

I foiled it and bumped the temp to finish and drank too much. It was fall apart and only got about ten good slices. The guests raved. Used oak for the first time and liked it. I think I need a digital dome thermo.

Yeah, I know a guy who says you have to know your dome temps or you are screwed. He's probably right. I don't like to foil. I did my last one for austin Eggfest and I felt like it was mushy in spots. You still have your other brisket right? Do it soon so this one is fresh on your mind and you'll knock it out of the park. Sounds like it was pretty good. We are all too hard on ourselves when it comes to our own food. I'm the same way. Everyone else is shoving food down their gullet and I'm like "well, the texture wasn't what I was after".
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    True dat! I didn't eat last night and just had a slice. They were right. I have always had good success with brisket even though the few I have smuggled across the border have been way better.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• True dat! I didn't eat last night and just had a slice. They were right. I have always had good success with brisket even though the few I have smuggled across the border have been way better.

Local CAB is hard to beat but it could have been the brisky. I've had some funky CAB Briskets too.
  • Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    No I just overcooked in the foil. Even good cooks can fall the perils of alcohol

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• No I just overcooked in the foil. Even good cooks can fall the perils of alcohol

Shhhhhh! I always blame the tools. The cow is already dead. Nobody cares if it's his fault :).

• SteveWPBFL
    SteveWPBFL Posts: 1,327
    Was that a USDA Choice or Select or what packer? The Wal-Mart near us sells a non-Choice packer and maybe it makes no difference?