Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
As we round out National BBQ Month, we hope you’ve gotten to try some new recipes that will keep you cooking all summer long. Check out our Smoking Basics Publication. For delicious recipes, try Justin Moore’s BBQ Shrimp, Greg Bate’s BBQ Dr. Pepper Chicken, Bobby Flay’s Chicken Thighs or Dr. BBQ’s new Maple Brined Pork Chops. Need dessert? Finish off your meal with some Planked Twinkies. Get ready for some fun summer happenings!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

15 Steaks of fun!!

cazzycazzy Posts: 7,762
For Mother's Day lunch, I had the fortunate pleasure to grill some New York Strips for some beautiful mothers!  While it was challenging, I had a blast and everything came out wonderful.  

My crowd had the following temperature preference:
  • medium-rare
  • medium
  • medium-well
  • cremated  
I packed up my eggs last night, then drove to my in-laws and set up another uncomfortable egg center.   :P

The meat!

Getting my sear on!

Roasting time!

I pulled off each steak about 5 degrees below my target temp and topped each steak with garlic butter slices during their rest.  My favorite cook to date!

The proof is in the pudding   :D

Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ...
·

Comments

• Village IdiotVillage Idiot Posts: 6,951
    Looks fantastic, Cazzy !!!

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

·
  • Hi54puttyHi54putty Posts: 1,565
    Well done. T-REX is the perfect method for cooking steaks to different temps, especially in large batches. 
    XL,L,S 
    Winston-Salem, NC 
    ·
  • lousubcaplousubcap Posts: 6,230
    Obviously followed your Saturday adventure-never a doubt about the outcome today!  Fantastic weekend of cooks-you can get by on little to no sleep based on the past couple of days!  Congrats on nailing another!
    Louisville
    ·
  • MickeyMickey Posts: 16,269
    Will you be my date to the next Fest :x
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

·
  • cazzycazzy Posts: 7,762
    Hi54putty said:
    Well done. T-REX is the perfect method for cooking steaks to different temps, especially in large batches. 

Is it really T-REX if I use a spider/cast iron for searing, don't go nuclear, and roast immediately (when possible)?
    ·
    edited May 2013
    Looks fantastic, Cazzy !!!

Thanks Gary! I still hope to plate like you one day! :)
    lousubcap said:
    Obviously followed your Saturday adventure-never a doubt about the outcome today!  Fantastic weekend of cooks-you can get by on little to no sleep based on the past couple of days!  Congrats on nailing another!

Thanks Cap! It was a fun weekend even though I worked my butt off...when I wasn't relaxing! :P
    Mickey said:

I've been waiting to hear you say that for 1 year!! ;)
    ·
  • Hi54puttyHi54putty Posts: 1,565
    cazzy said:

Hi54putty said:

Is it really T-REX if I use a spider/cast iron for searing, don't go nuclear, and roast immediately (when possible)?

T-CAZ
    XL,L,S 
    Winston-Salem, NC 
    ·
    Hi54putty said:
    Hi54putty said:

T-CAZ

=))
    ·
  • henapplehenapple Posts: 14,246
    Mickey said:

y

Don't do it cazzy....

Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
    ·
  • SmokinDAWG82SmokinDAWG82 Posts: 1,704
    WOW, looks great. That last pic is fantastic, I just finished eating and I'm drooling
    LBGE
    Go Dawgs! - Marietta, GA
    ·
  • FoghornFoghorn Posts: 2,369
    @cazzy, if there are any sculptors in your family they need to make a statue of you after what you have done this weekend.

XL BGE, Klose BYC, ProQ Excel, Weber Kettle, Firepit, Grand Turbo gasser, and a portable Outdoor Gourmet gasser for tailgating

San Antonio, TX

·
    edited May 2013
    Foghorn said:

@cazzy, if there are any sculptors in your family they need to make a statue of you after what you have done this weekend.

Lmao! No statue...but I'm working hard to get a egg purchased for Beeville. ;)
    ·
  • CPARKTXCPARKTX Posts: 1,013
    Wow what a cook!
    LBGE & SBGE.  Central Texas.  
    ·
  • ScottborasjrScottborasjr Posts: 2,605
    @cazzy is apparently this weeks recipient of the "Egger of the week"  Man you've had a awesome weekend.
    I raise my kids, cook and golf.  When work gets in the way I'm pissed, I'm pissed off 48 weeks a year.
    Inbetween Iowa and Colorado, not close to anything remotely entertaining outside of football season. 
    ·
    @cazzy is apparently this weeks recipient of the "Egger of the week"  Man you've had a awesome weekend.

Please see the Throwdown thread.

XL BGE, Klose BYC, ProQ Excel, Weber Kettle, Firepit, Grand Turbo gasser, and a portable Outdoor Gourmet gasser for tailgating

San Antonio, TX

·
    Thanks guys!  It was a blast and most importantly, I learned from the experience!   :)
    ·
  • Great cook and beautiful pictures.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Welcome to the Swamp.....GO GATORS!!!!
    ·
    edited May 2013

Great cook and beautiful pictures.

Thanks Dave!

I'm finally packed up! I don't plan to be traveling with my eggs for a while...

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Picked up for bags of RO at Wal-Mart...not that bad and it saves me a trip to get more WGWW. ;)
    ·
  • travisstricktravisstrick Posts: 4,808
    Dude, you're on a roll.
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
    ·
    Dude, don't unpack - just swing by my house and make it your next stop. 

San Antonio, TX

·
    I guess I just felt like throwing one more thing together before I leave. You see bacon, then left over baked potatoes...what else are you supposed to do. Lol

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
    ·